The 3-4 isn't working

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ncaalover12, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Big TT

Big TT Annoying the LEFT...it's what I do.

I am a 3-4 fan...we just don't have all the pieces...imo, our LB's are the main issue....d line eat blockers in that system and LB's create havoc.
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This. We have haven't drafted much on D and what we have spent hasn't worked out. Dudd was a dumb pick and we're stung by it. The other 2nd round pick (when we had THREE!!!) was a dud also. That loss of draft capital hurts a team. You have to hit on the first few picks you make.

If we'd drafted better (and more), I'm sure we'd be better. We're 2-3 years away IF we start working on the D.
  3. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Bump for 57-14
  4. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Honestly, I am putting this on DL play calling more so then the scheme. I do prefer the 4-3 to the 3-4. However, there is nothing exotic about DL scheme anymore. It's predictable and he uses the same blitz packages over and over again.
  5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we have 4 down line a lot of the time?

I agree, its not a scheme thin, talent is just not there....

As of now, Logan looks like a #2 at best.. And also as of now, Adore belongs in the slot, not on the outside.

Simms was horrendious, he shouldn't be a starter.

After Avery's rookie year, I thought we had a star on our hands and the future at MLB/ILB, but he just hasn't looked the part since. Those splash plays are way to far and few.

I still like Orakpo and Morgan, maybe yesterday wasn't their best showing. But in general, SECONDARY needs to cover worth a damn for them and the rest to get some sacks.

In hindsight with all that cap space, we should have targeted a top notch CB the past couple years - like a Norman or something. And we probably shouldn't have let go of J-Mac either seeing what we are fielding right now.

I just hate how we can't win in our division, its depressing and a loss like this bums me out big time.
    • High Five High Five x 1