The All Purpose College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Eddyc85, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Florida is playing better than anyone right now....Penn State couldn't do anything against a so-so Ohio State last night, and Bama finally had a good second half last night...

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Kentucky isn't much. MTSU nearly beat them at their place earlier this year.

There's lot of football left but I wish we had a BCS playoff system to look forward to in January.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well our defense stepped up big time but Penn State's only TD came on a short field. Clark who people were saying might at be in NY (to watch McCoy win the Heisman) was a total non factor. I've not seen Bama play yet but should Bama and Texas win out I can tell you Penn State CANNOT beat USC in the Rose Bowl and should Bama stumble Penn State CANNOT beat Texas. I've not see Bama but I'd imagine they could probably beat Penn State too.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Here's how I think it's going to go.

Texas is going undefeated. I really like that team and don't see them losing to Tech.

Bama will lose to LSU. Which means LSU holds the tiebreaker so LSU in the west.

Penn St will move up to 2 until the SEC championship game.

Florida will beat LSU again. With wins over UGA, LSU (2), and others their SOS is way better than Penn St.

None of these BCS busters will make it. Tulsa, Utah, etc. It won't happen.

I just can't see USC making the NC game. The pac-1 is really weak this year.

So it's going to be Florida vs Texas. I think UF will win. Bama goes to a BCS game unless they lose twice.

USC is in a BCS bowl game and Penn. St will be mad the whole off-season.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

What?! LSU sucks this year.

Here's my BCS bowl predictions.

Rose Bowl: USC vs. Penn State
    Orange Bowl: Ohio State vs. Florida State
    Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs. Utah
    Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Boise State
    BCS Game: Texas vs. Alabama

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

this is why i was against making pryor the full-time starter. as bad as boeckman is, the offense isn't as limited with him in the game. at this point, pryor is the starter and you can't bench him and ruin his confidence, but that move never should have been made in the first place.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I couldn't disagree more. Boeckman is a downright awful QB. He doesn't help the offense, he is a turnover machine, a sack machine, and he offers no upside for playing him. I don't know where you live but in Columbus Boeckman is one of the least liked Buckeyes I can recall since Steve Bellisari who is better than Boeckman.

8. The Playmaker

LSU has a great running game, good at home, and is the biggest game of the year for them. I think they'll win.

Looking at your bowl games you have UF losing to UGA? Maybe but UF is on fire right now.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

What on earth has Ohio State done to deserve a BCS game? I don't think that will happen, and I know it shouldn't.

Bama and Saben at LSU is going to be a great game, can't wait....I expect Bama to win.

Florida not only stomped on KY (who hung with Bama), but also on LSU, I still think the Gators are SEC best right now.
    Fla and Bama in the SEC title game would be a great game.

10. The Playmaker

Auburn will go 6-6. A part of me want Tubberville gone. Franklin can burn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar