The All Purpose College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Eddyc85, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

ok, so ucla's score on the punt block washes with UTs gift at the end of the first half and tennessee missed a FG from a lesser distance.

so that means ucla's offense still outscored tennessee's, i guess that means ucla's defense whipped tennessee's offense?

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

This is a pretty dumb debate over how literally to take my meaning.

Tennessee's D played good, and other than near the end where we kept giving up 7 yard passes as our d played off the ball, the d controlled that side of the game.

Tennessee rushed for 177 on 34 carries. Really did well in that aspect. I would say UCLA's secondary and pass rush dominated Tennessee though. I couldn't say their D controlled the game though.

3. Fry

i just don't see how you can whip someone who scores 27 points on you.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

They drove down the field on UT in the second half like it was easy. This being a JUCO transfer that's never started a game before. They marched up the field and had the UT defense gassed, as they were seen literally on their hands and knees gasping for air.
    Again - UT dominated the first half, and UCLA dominated the 2nd. Difference was that UCLA executed in overtime while UT failed to do so.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I saw nothing in that game to indicate the Vols will be in the mix this season.

6. Alex1939

So, in your world, did the Ravens defense also give up 7 points in Superbowl 35?

7. Alex1939

I guess I watched a different game. I saw Tennessee play Schwartz style defense in the 2nd half, allowing underneath passes all game long.

A defense that allows under 50 rushing yards, gets 4 turnovers, and only surrenders 17 points. I would say most offenses in college should win the game if the defense is going to be able to do that.

8. Fry

20 points

9. Fry

fine, the scored 20 points in an *** kicking, better? that's still more points than the vols offense scored.

10. Alex1939

Look, I can understand that you don't consider the Vols D to have "whipped" UCLA. I understand that you don't think they controlled or dominated that side of the game. Perhaps saying the Vols D whipped them was too much of an exaggeration on my part.

But I don't know how the hell you blame the Vols D for the OT field goal that UCLA kicked.

SO, if on Sunday, the Jags have 3 kick returns by MJD for 60 yards each to the Titans 25 yard line.... and the Jags gain minimal yardage and make 3 field goals.... you are going to blame those 9 points on the Titans Defense?

That makes no sense to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar