The Andrew Luck Spell...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Bukafax, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Doesn't Luck have better stats this far into his career than Brady or Manning? He carried his team and led the league in TD passes but you think he's not close to Brady or Mannning?

Manning got destroyed in the SB by a much better defense and that I think was the best offense in NFL history. This game of Indy vs Pats puts into perspective that the Colts are a terrible matchup for the Pats and the Colts have a bad team. Put Browner on Fleener and double TY with Revis taking out Wayne and they have no more offense since they have ZERO running game.

I HOPE the Colts are stupid enough to keep the Marino effect going and never give Luck much in weapons. And look at what weapons Manning had when he came into the league. A HOF rb and a HOF WR.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Think about what you are saying. Cuz Brady didn't win the SB either when they were putting up ungodly stats only to be smacked down by a lesser team that could rush the passer with just 4 guys. Marino couldn't do it, Brady couldn't do it, Manning couldn't do it.

When you try and carry your team and throw like you're in an arena league, you are probably going to lose when you meet a better TEAM!!!

Better TEAMS win. Broncos had the best offense in NFL history led by one of the greatest QB's in NFL history. How'd that work out for them?

Luck is the next great QB already. Only question is....is he gonna be a Marino with great regular season stats but doomed to fail in the playoffs when matched against a better team? Or will they build the team around him and turn him into Brady?

Russell Wilson has a GREAT team around him. Luck doesn't have much except a burner in Hiton and a slow HOF WR who can no longer run away from anyone. Wayne had 60 something catches for a pedestrian 12 avg and a grand total of 2 TD's.

3. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

I don't care about stats, I just hate his idiot face. I will always love to see him fail.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Me too!!! He's the QB of our rivalry!!!

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

What I love is how people pretend like Luck is working with an absolute sh*t defense.

They ranked 11th in total defense this year ahead of playoff teams such as the Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Bengals, and Cardinals.

In 2012 and 2013 their defense was bad. No doubt... And Luck wasn't nearly as good in those seasons as he was this year, as a result.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I think comparing any qb and even wrs number now to ten years ago is basically apples to oranges. Games changed so much. Soon 5000 yards will be normal for a qb.

..well unless that qb is Russell Wilson

:banjump::banjump::banjump::clap:

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I am a Luck fan as much as allowable for a Titans fan... but he does not seem near that level. Throws lots of TDs, but makes tons of bonehead plays, and gets his team into a hole. He usually has good stats, but NEVER seems to dominate. He plays down to the level of his opponents... and Playing against the Titans and Jags 12 times in the last 3 years certainly doesn't hurt. The Texans aren't quite world-beaters, either.

Manning was killing Titans, and the Jags, when they were legitimate football teams, not the jokes they currently are.

IMO, Night and day. And I like Luck, and Manning is my all-time least liked QB.

Luck has the "good QB" vibe... Manning has the "one of the best all-time" vibes.

When young Manning chokes, the team loses by 7-14.. when Luck chokes, the team loses by 30-40.

#107 nickmsmith, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar