The Australian Open

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanGuy, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Nadal - Murray match was the best game of the tournament beleive me, even though Murray lost, he can leave down under with his head held high...

I think Ancic got knocked out in the 3rd/4th round...

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I never watched Federer before, and I know this is not the final, but he is far better than Roddick. It is hard to pin point why he so much better, but it just seems like he knows where Roddick is on the court and can hit it where he isn't every single time. It's not even like he is toying with him. he just hits it where he isn't.

I watched Roddick a few times in DC, and he was younger, but he does have some emotional swings and hits balls into the stands.

Roddick doesn't look capable of beating Federer. He doesn't look physically capable, and doesn't look like he has the shots either.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Federer is just something else.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

I watched Gonzalez last night, and I've got to say, he looked better than Federer. I don't know his story, but he had the althletic ability I did not see in Federer. He had speed, power, and shot making. Every bit better than Federer. I don't know if this is a one time thing, or if he is a new kid on the block gettinghis first whiff, but he was better than Federer. I know that for a fact. And Federer may need to worry that he will not win another title. This guy was a step above last night.

Haas looked like crap. Bo so did Roddick. And we both know these guys are pretty good. So Gonazlez and Federer were just that much better.

It should be a great final.

5. He was brilliant, but let me tell you something, Haas did not do something that Federer does amazingly (the best in the world), and that's serve and volley, that's what made Federer beat Gonzalez last year in Madrid, and if he can use that strategy, he will win...

Gonzalez is pretty good, and it will be a competetive final, but saying he played better than Federer is a bit of a WOWZER statement...

6. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Gonazlez has always had the talent to be an above average player, IMO. But I don't know, maybe it was a mental thing - he's main problem was the insane amount of unforced errors he would accumulate in every match. This is something that has changed (among other things) ever since he partnered up with his new coach.

7. Federer won pretty convincingly, as if he was toying with Gonzalez at the end, it coulda been a whole lot different if Gonzalez had converted those first set points at 5-4...

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thanks to Federer I won $375

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Gonzalez has no backhand. That's his problem. He was soft there. Most people are. But Federer went right after it. He could have hit it to his backhand all day and won on that alone. Federer had an off day. So did Gonzalez. Federer couldn't serve. And gonzalez couldn't hit a forhand to save his life. Too bad too. Cause both were hot. I felt the whole match that Gonzalez was under pressure. Even when he had the lead. That was a bad sign to begin with. And then Federer took the life out of 'em.

10. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Mad kudos to Serena as well. As quoted by a commentator, "she was Federer like" and "she reduced to the number one player in the world to spectator status."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar