The "awwww ****!" thread.

Discussion in 'Memorabilia' started by titanbuoy, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Introducing the latest, most painful member of the "awwwww ****" club Mr. Adam Jones...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sadly, that's only a drop in the bucket, it's weird how little consolation there is in the fact the Jones cards have virtually doubled in value now that he's one of Jerry's Kids.
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Meh, just another day in the life of a Titans/Oilers fan. :))

edit: ****! I can't even type out a sentence without making a mistake.
  4. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

:ha:

gotta love how he had a card shoot with his pacman medallion. that's why i love that kid.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Yao

These are probably my biggest slumpers:

I have a Roger Clemens/Nolan Ryan double auto that ain't looking so hot anymore.

I have one Barry Bonds autograph that is on shaky ground.

I have one Pac-Man Helmet auto card that sucks now.

One Mark Prior auto that was a total waste.

I consider myself pretty lucky tho. I've been lucky enough to not collect too many players that have fallen apart. I do have a lot of Clemens jersey and regular cards tho and they are sliding fast. I have a couple of Nice McGwire rookie cards from packs that have taken a nose dive too. But no big deal.

My biggest risks are with Yao and Vince Young. I could lose there for sure, but those are my boys so I had to spend big bucks on them.

Pujols is someone I have not collected. I feel that he and Arod are the biggest potential busts out there if they are caught using steroids. And yet Arod is very collectible, and could be considered the greatest baseball player ever. So it is difficult not to want to collect his cards. Pujols is too expensive for me now, so I havestayed away.
  6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Now that's what I'm talking about.... That's awesome!

Too bad you can't just throw it up for auction to see what it would get now that he's a Cowboy (without having to actually sell it). I'd love to be able to do that with both my SPA /25 and BGS 9.5 SPA /5.

teal font isn't bad... but the whole faguar connection makes it slightly less than appealling
  8. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

i just randomly went through two four inch binders today and found some awww **** cards.

i think i have about 10 charles rogers rookies, 8 donte stallworths, 3-5 william greens(browns 1st rnd rb), 6 kelly washingtons, 5 rex grossmans and 4 byron leftwich's.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.