Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

The beginning of the end of the NFL as we know it...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Apr 10, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
    • Staff / Moderator

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks!

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,726
    Simple fix....just take the helmets away. Watch the old film when they wore the leather helmets...spearing was not in the game.

Just go ahead and satisfy the whiners and the lawyers (i.e. Goodell) and lets make the game hug only.
    The Hammer and GoT high five this.
  1. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,503
    The "beginning" of the end was when he Goodell took office.. this is more towards the latter stages of the decomposition of the league.
  2. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $43,094
    My dad said the exact same thing.

But man would I hate that... those things are ugly.
  3. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,634
    The lawyers pushing this need to "disappear" if you catch my drift.
  4. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $5,176
    No chance I would of played football growing up w/o a helmet. The oldschool NHL players freak me out. Even pitchers in MLB. I refused to pitch when I played baseball, made them stick me at short stop.
  5. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $10,503
    You see that guy that took a puck to the mouth the other day?

Jesus
  6. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $5,176
    No, but I saw a video of a goalie get his neck slit open by a skate and started spraying blood all over the ice.

Tennessy XO high fives this.
  7. amy Starter

Moolah:
    $1,819
    I doubt seriously that all these lawsuits will kill the NFL. First, the owners have billions each. See Mr. Haslam. Second, the NFL will require the player to sign away his right to sue in order to play the game. Third, they will sit out every player with a mild concussion for a certain number of games to be determined. People want whatever they can get from whoever they can get it. Players are no exception. And I do believe them when they say the team doctors lied to them. The doctors work for the team owner, not the players. And whether it's the right thing to do on the players' part is however one feels about it. And if, by some chance in h*ll it does kill the sport, people will find something else to do and after a time wax nostalgic over a 'great time in history'. And time will continue to go forward.
  8. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $43,094
    Holy...

Did he survive that???
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,049
    dramatic thread title is dramatic.