The beginning of the end of the NFL as we know it...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

No, he played for a season or two afterwards. Just a freak accident, and there's no way to play hockey with dull skates, so it's just a hazard you have to accept as a player. a similar thing could possibly happen in the NFL with the metal cleats, it's just one of those freak things that happens very rarely.

I could see them taking away some of the contact in hockey, and it will still be the same sport.. but football: it is hitting. That is the basis of the sport, and it's necessary on each and every play. You literally cannot fix it without disbanding the sport altogether.

Even if only arm tackles are allowed- you still have a man running 20 MPH making contact with another person, then the ground. There's nothing they can do.

I've never played hockey unfortunately, was raised with basketball, baseball, and football.. but I sure as heck wouldn't be playing visor-less like many people do. It was Sidney Crosby that got smacked in the mouth with a puck, and a Visor doesn't even really help that. freaky.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Oh yea just a freak accident. The puck just got deflected off another stick.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

This wasn't a freak accident:

Steve Moore is still in a wheel chair I believe.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I mean the skate cut thing is a freak accident, a lot of other collisions definitely aren't.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ice is hard, but you slide, the playing surface doesn't grab you and rip you apart like grass and turf do.

The speed of hockey is what sometimes makes the injuries gruesome.

6. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I think it will be hard for the players to completely win this. For decades the sport had different rules for hits and tackles. So injuries and concussions were more around. But as more science and truth has come out about it, they have done alot to change things and prevent these issues from continuing.

How can the players truly sue over the rules being different back in the day? Can I sue the government for not making smoking laws different in bars if I get lung cancer as a non-smoker? Its been known for years that 2nd hand smoke caused cancer but the law for bars didnt change until '09 in TN.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The NFL has several benefit funds for these guys, have they drained those dry or something?

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It's more fun when they go all balls to the wall anyway. Do not think it will change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar