The best of what's left! (in free agency)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

If it weren't for Reggie Williams recently getting in trouble, I'd say ive him a look. He's only a year removed from his ten TD season. Other than that, maybe Bodden and McAlister. We don't have much depth at CB. If one or both of those guys can't find a starting position on a team, we should sign them for dept.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I must be thinking of the previous offseason.

I've been very pleased with Mike Reindfeldt... I'll thank Floyd Reese for Albert, but no thanks for Andre Woolfolk, Pacman Jones, or Vince Young...

Also Mr. Reese, thanks for wasting second round picks on Tyrone Calico and Ben Troupe! :)

Agreed.

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

One guy i wouldnt mind bringing back is Kevin Carter for depth on the D-line,granted he is 35 but his versatility,durability and leadership has always made him a good player. Posted 50 tackles and had 4 sacks last season,not bad for an old timer but i'm sure its not going to happen with the young talent we have on the roster already.

4. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

good point, carter can still play though this will prob be his last season, he would help out with depth and helping the younger guys develop.

5. RavensShallBurn

I have thought about Kevin Carter, but I don't see why we would go in that direction. I understand the guy is a saint on and off the field. My mom met him while working for habitat for humanity. She said he was a great guy... which has been proven true.

I just don't see a point in bringing him back when we have KVB and The Freak as starters... our players could learn from them.

Screw it, he would add great depth to our line, and he's probably a bargain player. Sign him up! lol

6. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

bodden would help
    as would any of the under 30 LB's listed.

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Carter and Fisher are tight. It would be fitting for Carter to end his career here. While that makes a nice story, I'm not sure it would be the right move for the Titans.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not sure what the deal is with Bodden and why the Lions let him go. Bodden is a guy who had 6 ints in 2007 with the Browns. He also has nice size (6'1) and appears to be a decent tackler. He doesn't appear to be stupid (has his degree in business management). He isn't slow (ran track, 100 meters and long jump). In Cleveland he even worked with charitable organizations like Habitat for Humanity.

So why is this talented 6'1 CB walking the streets looking for a job? Seems like he would be a nice backup to Harper and a guy who would fit our scheme. If you read some of the stuff out of Cleveland they might want him back. I'd look very seriously at this guy.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

New regime in Detroit. So heads were bound to roll because of house cleaning. Schwartz obviously has his mind set on how he wants to run this defense, Bodden didn't fit in I guess.

10. RavensShallBurn

Bodden's contract with the Lions forced him out this year... it had nothing to do with "cleaning house" or not fitting defensive schemes.

I think we should look at him, but I'd rather have Chris McAlister or Justin Miller. We should have tried harder to sign Bryant McFadden, but I'm sure the Cardinals gave him a pretty big deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar