"The Big Three @ QB"

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Still have hopes for Reggie Bush.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

direct link

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qp1xWc3aycg"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qp1xWc3aycg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    I would forget all about Young if we were really getting Bush...
    I know I said draft him and trade him away... I lied.

I'd love me some Bush...[​IMG]

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Sounds like Leinart laid an egg at the the pro day.

This clip suggested Leinart had just an "OK" day.

"As for Leinart? He displayed some athleticism by turning in a 37-inch vertical jump. He completed 36 of 45 passes by unofficial count, with three drops by his receivers. His accuracy was good, not great, and his arm strength was adequate. It appeared, at times, that he aimed the ball a bit too much and some balls sailed on him. Leinart conceded afterwards that he probably pressed a little.

"In situations like these," Leinart said, "I think you tend to overdo it. You know, you try to throw a ball too hard, and it goes high, or you try to be too fine with your passes. I think I started off too tight."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2394532

Go Vince Go

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

An offense that was stagnant with players like Chris Simms, Roy Williams, and Cedric Benson was unstoppable with.... only Vince Young. News flash: Texas was undefeated this year (and has 1 loss in 2 years, but I digress). That didn't happen in one game. Go back and watch some game film.

I can't believe you quoted people from this website as evidence that Young was inaccurate or a possible WR.

I'm all for opinions, so long as you look at the facts from a realistic perspective.

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

You mis-read my meaning.

What I am saying is that so many from this board are jumping on the wagon for VY when just a few months ago, they had nothing good to say or said nothing at all about him.

As for Texas' record, they had a good <u>TEAM</u>. We are not thinking about drafting the entire team, just their QB.

6. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

God NO!!! This thread should be the big 2...you know who I'm talking about.
    fitantitans, What is the deal with Cutler....made for the TITANS??? Where in the ____ do you get that from?

7. Riverman

Excerpt from Mercury News:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/14250364.htm

The Jets, picking fourth in the April 29 draft, could be in position to select the former Southern Cal star. And that would be just fine with Leinart.

"I love New York, I'm a fan of the city," Leinart told The News an hour after his workout, relaxing with friends at a burger joint a few blocks from campus. "It's out of my hands, but to have the possibility of playing for the New York Jets, it would be sweet. It would be cool.

"Broadway Joe (Namath) is the last big-time guy they've had, a star on and off the field," he continued. "I'm confident that I could be that kind of player."

OK, I see that.

Attached Files:

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If it happens that way (Young to us at 3, Lienart at 4), at least we'll know that the front office really is sold on Young over Lienart. As long as both are available when we pick, I'll be excited because it means we get the guy we want.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The best case scenario for us is:
    1. All three QBs are sitting there when we draft at #3.
    2. We have Cutler rated higher than all of them or all three are close.

If that were the case we could entertain moving down a few spots and still being assured of getting our guy.

As far as all of you who are drooling over getting VY I still have reservations. Only because I don't see him breaking out for a couple of years (if he breaks out at all). That means we would have to keep McNair and Young both for the next 3 years which is a huge amount of $ at the QB postion. With Cutler or Leinart you can have one ready in their 2nd year IMO.

10. Riverman

I agree with you regarding the trade down- that would be an awesome scenario. However, I don't buy in to the notion that Leinart or Cutler will be NFL ready significantly sooner than VY. Rookie standout QB's are rare and neither Leinart nor Cutler are (or have received pre-draft analysis) like Roethlisberger.

IMO, the best scenario would be for the titans to trade down and pick up VY and extend Steve's contract for 3 years. Let him stay as starter and have a good 2 year run with VY on standby in year 2 WHEN the injury bug bites and take over the starting role year 3 if he has earned it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar