The Big Weakness, our OL investigated

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Here's what we're working with so far:
    LT, Roos, Loper
    LG Piller, Bell, Erickson
    C Mawae, Amano, Rodriquez
    RG Olson, Stewart
    RT Stewart, Loper
    TE Kinney, Troupe, Scaife, Guenther

I thought that Amano would be our starting Center, then they signed Mawae. Surely they are not hanging up on Amano. Other than using him as a backup Center, where could they move him? By the way, do we have a LongSnapper?
    I'm concerned about our RT spot. Any 'Day One Starters' available in the second or third rounds? Our tackle spots do not have any reserves. Sign a vet?
    Vets starting at C and G positions, leaving the T position slightly open. IMO.
    Open for ideas!

2. If we sign Leinart, which I sincerely hope we don't, RT will be a huge problem.

As for now, Stewart isn't that experienced, so I'm hoping we can find a solution for that

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, there's a chance someone like Marcus McNeil is available when we pick in the second. Considering we already have what we need at LB (I don't see any of the MLB's in this years draft as immediate impact players) we might look at an OT/OG here, unless there's a safety or CB left who we can't miss.

If you go beyond round 2 I don't think you'll find immediate starter material.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I think we might could find a starter in the 3rd (O'Callahan or Whitworth), but we've gotta find a way to get our 3rd round pick back. I also think that Piller will be cut after the draft.

5. b1zzyone

b1zzyone Guest

Hello, first time post, long time lurker here...Im not overly concerned about the RT as much, seeing that Stewart and Loper were drafted to compete for the RT. They are young, hungry and do have nice size for the position, I read that Stewart reminds many of Runyan, so not to worried, let them compete hard at camp and may the best player start. You can throw Bell in the mix. They need game time experience.

What Im concerned about is the OG spot where Piller and Olson didnt play to the standard we have seen they are capable of. I just hope someone lights a fire up their butts and play with desire and heart.

Wouldnt mind if the Titans drafted another OL on the first day though

6. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

If we draft Leinart and the value of RT and LT shifts somewhat then you can just keep Roos on the right side if you want and put the other guy on the left. I don't think it is that big of a problem. I think signing a vet for cheap would be a good idea though.

7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Ken Amato is our longsnapper, and I believe he just signed an extension, so he should be our LS for a while.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Amano played some G, and I thought he looked pretty good like when he played C. I don't remember him pulling or getting the the 2nd level much, just that he held his ground well in pass protection and moved some DT's off the line in the run game. Not a lot to go by (kind of a theme with such a young team), but I thought there was some hope for him. Either Reese or Fisher said something about Amano learning more from Mawea.

As for RT, the bad play of Olsen, the worse play of Pillar....I dunno. Maybe a 2nd round stud can be found, but I wouldn't be suprised that he sits this year if he's a G.

9. smili

smili Starter

On the radio the other morning Wychek said Mawae is about as mean a lineman as you'll find and won't take anything but top effort out of anyone. Maybe he can light the fire under the OL you're speaking of.

10. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Stewart is a good prospect. He was highly rated by SI.com - more so than Michael Roos in fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar