The Bonehead Awards

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Anyone jealous?

We used the third pick in the whole draft for vince young and arizona only used the 10th pick for lienart. Hard to imagine lienart failing with that offense and those WRs. I hope the vince pick isn't going to be an example of trying to fit a round peg in a square hole.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

John McCargo was getting lots of props this last week to 10 days.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Kind of like Roos, but Roos only got like 4 or 5 days.

4. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

And still got a value pick

Peanuts? They got some pretty good ****ing value for Walker. A 2nd round for a former 1st rounder coming off an injury? Most people were thinking 4th rounder tops..

Speed isn't nothing without instincts.

Getting ahead of Minnesota who need a Franchise QB.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

That "fastest LB in the draft" looked like a flop on the field when I saw him. No thanks.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

who?

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Leinart also got passed up by Oakland, Detroit, and the jets all of whom could have very reasonably taken a QB. So no, Im not jealous about a guy with average arm strength who got passed up buy 3 other teams that could have justified taking him to take him.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Whitner doesnt qualify. He went a little higher than project but thats a team that obviously needs a safety. There was no point in them taking a guy at a position they didnt want because the draft experts projected him in that range. I would think they tried to trade down and couldnt do it, so I have no problem with a team taking a guy at a position they wanted, especially since he was the highest rated S left on the board.

9. Thomas Howard:winker:

10. Buffalo are boneheads

They could have easily traded down and still got the picks they wanted, (picks that no one else would have wanted at that stage)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar