The Browns are "aggressively trying to trade" CB Joe Haden

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

It's not pricey if he pans out and sures up that secondary lol. They have weapons galore on Offense and some solid pieces on D. He is also only 28. The question is, will he be a new man in Black/Yellow?...I think he has to improve somehow someway just based off of attitude/spirit and going to a winning franchise with weapons and proven history.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Essentially it's a try you out deal. Haden gets $7mil guaranteed this season but if Pitt doesn't want him after that...it'll be bye bye. If they like his play, they keep him at a market-ish rate avg $9mil/yr.

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Wish we were able to get deals like this.

I wish we had pursued this harder. We should have been a place that interested him. Up and comer. Good offense. Not a whole lot of competition (a #2 guy and a rookie.)

Too bad.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

That doesn't matter. What matters is that he looked bad on the first drive in the first preseason game.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

:spank:

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Well, the steelers, a team that evaluates talent a hell of a lot better than we do, and faced him twice a year, seems to think he's work 7 mil.

9. JCBRAVE

good, I enjoy seeing teams like them make mistakes

10. piepsilon

piepsilon Starter

I'm diehard Titans, but a lot of my family is in Pittsburgh. I follow them quite a bit. The Steelers have been absolutely horrible when it comes to evaluating talent for their secondary. Most of their fans will tell you this. Their front seven has been incredibly good for so long, they've had to apply minimal effort for their secondary. Having a stud in Polamalu also really helped cover their deficiencies. I wouldn't say they made this deal because they have an eye for talent. They know that they need anything better than what they have. Interest was high on Haden, but it definitely wasn't for recent performances. Steelers were in "do or die" mode with this signing. I'm sure he'll help their secondary. Hell, McCourty could've helped them...and we released McCourty. Not sure the Haden signing would have been that beneficial for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar