The Calico Experiment ends after '06?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Whether or not the Titans sign Givens, it says a lot about the faith the team has that Calico will ever become a #1 or even take a lot of pressure off Bennett as a #2. With Roby, Williams and Jones all ready to come into their own by '07, it doesn't appear likely the Titans have Calico in their free agency plans.

If Givens becomes the Titans #1, Calico will be lucky to be the #3.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think it could be between Calico and Bennett, whoever performs the other says bye bye.

3. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I think you're right; Calico will have to go nuts this season to get a nice second tour contract...

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I wanted to believe Calico would come back...but he ran like Pickens last year...just too slow. I just don't believe he will ever get back to the form they need from him.

If he makes it and stays this year I am guessing it may be his last as a Titan.

5. What a bust Calico is... I had such of high hopes in him... He kind of reminds me of Chris Sanders... A few flashes at first....that's it!

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think Chris Sanders was better personally. I can't remember one play Calico has made.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Isnt that scary.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

His rookie year he got a few TDs cause they were actually taking advantage of his stature near the goalline. Had red zone TDs in first two games of 2003. Then Heimeidneinger went all Steckel and used Calico less cause he was a rookie.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Calico still has this year to prove something and he might very well do it. Until his freak injury he looked to be making huge progress but injuring both knees is hard to overcome in one year. This year he should be 100% and might surprise us.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Lets hope so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar