The Cavs will regret taking Kyrie Irving over Derrick Williams

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GeronimoJackson, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I predict Cousins gets traded to Houston.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I could see them pulling that trade off.

I knew Cousins was going to be a hard head. His attitude and making tons of money don't mix at all. Never liked his attitude from his Kentucky days and the Kings should have known this day was coming.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Maybe playing with Wall would make him happy. Who knows. I like McGee a lot but in the end I think he's just an athletic 7 footer which isn't that hard to find. I'm just disappointed, I really expected some strides this year. Who knows, it's early but this team is just really really awful.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

The good news: Washington scored a season high in points tonight.
    The bad news: It was 92 points and we lost.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Kyrie Irving scored 32 points last night. He almost broke the franchise record of points scored in a quarter (which is held by LeQuit, and he was 3 points shy), and if he was put in earlier, there's no doubt that he would have (or that the Cavs would have won the game). He almost single handedly brought the Cavs back from a huge deficit to win the game by himself (scoring 17 of their last 19 points). And really, he sold himself short since he spent the early part of the game trying to get his teammates involved (who couldn't hit their shots). Really, this could have been a 40+ point game for him.

He is 19 years old and played 11 games in college. He has no pro-basketball level conditioning at this time.

To respond to the assertion that is the title of this thread: No, no I don't think the Cavs are going to regret anything. The fact is, if Kyrie's teammates could hit their shots, he'd be averaging just as many assists as Rubio AND would be scoring like a vet. And he's 19, and he played 11 games in college.

No, 2-3 years from now, Kyrie Irving is going to be something special.

6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

^ So the first overall pick scored a bunch of points on a team that has no scorers.

"The fact is, if Kyrie's teammates could hit their shots, he'd be averaging just as many assists as Rubio..."

The fact is Rubio gives his teammates easy shots, there's a reason why Rubio was so overhyped for a guy who "can't score or finish" (that's what she said). Rubio makes his teammates better more than they make him better.

I said it from the beginning that Kyrie will have a better rookie year than Williams simply because of opportunity.

Kyrie is hot right now, but I stand by my prediction, D-Will is a potential star and Kyrie is a good role player on a winning team.

It would be the most epic thing ever in sports history if Lebron were to go back to Cleveland and pair up with Kyrie in 2014 lol.

7. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

No dude, I think you underestimate how much the guys Kyrie is playing with suck.

Kyrie set up Jamison with a perfectly easy lay-up. Like, I could have made that lay-up. Kyrie got everyone on him and dished the ball to Jamison, and Jamison missed a wide open lay-up.

There's a huge difference between dishing the ball to Kevin Love and dishing the ball to Antwan Jamison or Anthony Parker or Omri Casspi (though Casspi has come to life as of late).

Seriously, watch a Cavs game sometime. Kyrie sets these guys up with perfect shots, they just can't make them.

Hopefully Jamison and Parker get traded before the deadline and we get some folks who can actually make their shots.

What makes Kyrie special is that he can set up great shots for his teammates, but when they're cold he can take the game over by himself, which he did last night (and just barely came up shy).

And again, this is a 19 year old who played 11 games in college. It's scary to think about what he's going to be able to do when he has some professional experience and NBA conditioning under his belt. Right now he's just raw talent on shaky legs, and he's performing as well as many all-stars in the league (i.e. Rose only scored 2 more points the same night).

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Kyrie Irving was the top guy out of high school, starter at Duke and dominated, got injured and came back for the tournament, a better team but chemistry was shot after that. If he was healthy Duke would've won a championship because people look at his 1 year of college and think of his injury rather than from day 1 he was carrying that team. If he had a weapon or two in Cleveland he would be getting more assists than Rubio.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm in the camp that sees it the opposite way. It is a guard dominated league right now and there is nothing that suggests that Irving won't be one of the best.

Williams will never impact games the way that Irving can...

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar