Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

The Cavs will regret taking Kyrie Irving over Derrick Williams

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GeronimoJackson, Dec 26, 2011.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. steverife Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,931
    The issue with Williams, is that Kevin Love is young, averaging 25 and 12, and just signed a 4 year extension. I just don't forsee the team ever running much through Williams. He'll get his points from hustle and nice passes and will make plays on defense, but he isn't going to change games.
  2. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $15,999
    I don't think Rubio sets teammates up for easier shots. Most his assists are pretty basic.
  3. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,289
    1. That's not true at all.

2. You don't understand the importance of making the perfect basic pass. Jason Kidd made the "basic" pass and it made his teammates better because his "basic" passes were the right passes and pinpoint which equal a higher percent shot.
  4. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,289

Right now, Rubio is better at Kyrie at everything except scoring. Their rookie seasons suggest they'll both be top tier pg's , Kyrie is someone you can build around when you're rebuilding. Rubio is Jason Kidd 2.0. and is someone you want on a team that has talent. They're both good for their teams right now.

I think Williams/Brandon Knight combo > Irving/Tristan Thompson.
  5. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,289
    The problem is the T-Wolves already have Beasley and Love. Assuming they keep Williams as part of their future, he'll need to learn to play the SF and start over Beasley eventually as he's the better player with the higher ceiling.

I'm not a Irving hater, his rookie season so far suggest he'll be a really good player, I'm just a Williams fan.
  6. jplusip Starter

Moolah:
    $4,490
    So... even though it's only a year later, how wrong was this thread title eh?
    Deuce Wayne high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,004
    Yeah, good work.
  7. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,188
    Lol
  8. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,289
    Yeah, yeah, wrong call, thought Uncle Drew would be an above average player in that very weak draft class, but he's a superstar, I have no shame in admitting I was wrong...

Though this thread might not look so stupid if Kyrie pulls a Decision Pt. 2. :D
  9. 520 Starter

Moolah:
    $6,585
    derek williams is the man! go wildcats