The colts 9-4 with mirrors...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We all would rather be a bad team with a 9-4 record than a good team with a 4-9 record and the titans are a bad team with a 4-9 record. But how the colts got to where they are is one of the great mysteries of the nfl but the titans can be proud to say we have been a part of it by giving them 2 of those 9 victories.

The stats:

The Colts are 17th in points scored and 23rd in points given up. A recipe for a 6-10 team.

Andrew Luck for mvp you say? Think again he has as many ints as Tds, 18 and his passing rating is typical for a rookie, 74.5.

The colts offense is hardly efficient with Luck they are 7th in total yardage and 17th in points. Their 2 top RBs are averaging less than 4 yards a carry. Luck is averaging 7.1 yards per pass attempt just average and has only completed 55% of his passes. Hardly god like.

In many ways Luck's rookie season is very similar Peyton Manning's rookie season. Lots of yards but not very efficient . Yet people are comparing Luck to Peyton Manning now though Manning has a passing rating 30 points higher!

Every year there is a team like this sometimes 2. Last year it was the Lions who went 11-5 off of Stafford's arm and Calvin Johnson. The Lions didn't have a very good defense and could not run the ball to save their lives but they threw it up and won many close high scoring games. Now they are losing those types of games.

The bottom line is that the Colts have strung together 9 wins off of luck, bad play from other teams and strong home field advantage while riding the tide of emotions from a seriously ill coach. Next year will be another story.

• High Five High Five x 8
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I have felt the same way.

I think they have greatly overachieved, much like we did last year and Luck is getting too much credit for many of the lucky breaks they have gotten. We *could* have given them two more losses and they will likely be disappointed next year.

However, that young team will get playoff experience early, so they will benefit from that.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You are way too hung up on stats RT. Bottom line, they're winning lots of ballgames. You don't end up with a 9-4 record off pure luck and gift-wrapped games.

I expect they'll be just as good, if not better, next year. Luck is only going to get better. They'll have had another year to fill holes and settle into the system. Of course I thought we'd be better this year for those same reasons, and look what happened. But we have arguably the worst HC in the league.

Honestly, I think the whole Pagano/cancer element is overblown. I believe it probably gave them that initial spark to get the ball rolling though. It's been an added incentive, sure. But we have no clue how the season would've played out if Pagano never got sick. We can really only speculate.

Andrew Luck is the real deal, as much as our fanbase doesn't want to admit it. I'd trade half our roster for him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

to throw 5 yard dink and dunks 90% of the time? Don't you guys bash Hasslebeck about check downs?

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

The Dolts are one of the luckiest teams I can ever remember. First of all they haven't played the Texans yet, normally what would be 2 losses for them easily right there. Again they are lucky because they play them the final game of the season... a game where it may be possible the Texas rest their starters. Schwartz gave them a gift by playing "Fisherball" in the last couple minutes of the game. Josh Morgan dropped and easy long TD when the sun got in his eyes, so the Cleveland game should have been a loss. All smoke and mirrors with the Dolts frankly. Oh, and of course, our game that the refs gave them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

the league is on their side... hard to lose when you've got going for ya...
    seriously.... the media loves Luck.... they won't stand for him to suck.... thats why there's so many stories about him... including the one about changing replay rule..

7. Finnegan2win

Lol.. what?

How can you change replay?

8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Man you guys are making us look like huge whiners....

10. Finnegan2win

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar