The colts 9-4 with mirrors...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Watching Luck against the Texans today I was once again underwhelmed. I saw Luck missing receivers throwing high/behind or overthrowing them on multiple occasions. He completed only 48% of his passes, and, despite completing a 61 yd pass on a broken coverage, didn't even crack 200 total yards passing today (for the 2nd week in a row).

The biggest thing to me though is, just like last week, when the Colts were down at half time they turned to the running game, not Luck, to lead them back. They had success with this last week and some success today as well. But for the 2nd week in a row they are taking the ball out of the hands of Luck when they are needing to make a comeback.

Luck is a good QB, but no where near as good as the media would have you believe. The more I watch him, the more I realize he is about on the same level as Locker right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Well Locker isn't a good QB right now so which is it?

3. Thaddeus43

Well when I say good, I am taking into consideration where they are in their NFL careers ... They make some good plays and some bad plays ... I'm not putting them on the same level as the "good" qbs that have been in the NFL for several years.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

You got to give the Colts their props after today.

5. Thaddeus43

Why? Because they didn't get blown out by the powerhouse Texans? The Texans peaked way too early and are on their way down. They barely beat the Jags and Lions, then got blown out by a real team (the Pats). No one wanted to give the Titans props after we played the Texans. The outcomes were basically the same(We lost by 14, they lost by 12.), and we shot ourselves in the foot way more in our game than they did theirs. Outside of a busted coverage play, the colts really struggled to move the ball against the Texans all day long.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Uh, because they were a 2-14 team last year.

Nobody is crowning them Super Bowl champions, but quit being such homers and realize that they have overachieved this year.

7. Thaddeus43

Not once did I say they didn't over achieve. If you want to give them props for their season thats fine. I would agree with you there, but you said you wanted to give them props after this LOSS. I say, whether they have overachieved this year or not, that they don't deserve props this week like you suggested. Last year has nothing to do with today IMO.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

What exactly did we do down in Houston?

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I give the Colts props today, because this time last year they would've got blown out 67-3...

10. Thaddeus43

Like I said, Houston peaked early. That was during their peak. They have since declined ... you don't really think that homefield gives you that much of an advantage do you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar