The Console Wars

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by NYTitansFan, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

its a good site
    http://nexgenwars.com/

shocking news at the rate console sales are going for all three, it looks like the Wii will win

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Console Wars - The Wii Strikes Back.

It will be interesting the selling rates of Ps3 and 360 when they're prices drop.

3. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

yeah sony and microsoft are too powerful to lose the console wars.

4. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

some guy made a motion senser controller for the 360 similar to the ps3 motion sensered controller i wonder if Microsoft will add it to there controls now:ha:
    <embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/395291/xbox_360_tilt_controller_finished.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed><br/><font size="1">
    <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/395291/xbox_360_tilt_controller_finished/">The Hole - video powered by Metacafe</a></font>

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

geez I dunno if i could control a game like that.

6. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

it would be intresting

7. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

I am not too impressed with how the PS3 currently handles it.

The Wii executes this stuff very well, but the novelty has already worn off on me.

My daughter played the hell out of the Wii at first, but now has gone back to primarily playing the 360.

Later

8. Toly

Toly Free your mind

As much as Nintendo wants to attribute the current Wii success to its controller, I think that the cheap price tag and the lack of good games on the other two consoles are big reasons for this success as well. The Wii is currently selling cheaper than the current-gen consoles when they first came out - that's something to take into consideration.

One has to wonder if they'll be able to keep it up, though. The amount of great and impressive games will certainly increase for the 360 and PS3, eventually. And as much fun as it might be to wave your arms and hit a tennis ball with a bubble-head doll, it could get old at some point - I remember how fun it was to shoot ducks with the plastic gun from the first Nintendo console, but I got bored after a while.

Regardless, Nintendo is making a huge profit right now, and the Wii will more than likely keep selling pretty good throughout the year.

As for the 360 and PS3 - the 360 has sold in a year almost half the amount than the original Xbox sold in 3-4 years, so that's obviously good. The numbers for the PS3 might not be impressive, but they are actually not that bad if you consider the big price tag and lack of games. Not to mention that they have yet to launch in regions such as Europe and Australia.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

10. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Since PS3 and 360 do NOT make profit as they lose money per system they sell don't expect a price drop anytime soon..in fact sony has been upfront they will not drop the price this year at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar