The Dark Knight Rises Special Edition DVD - worth it? Also JGL won't be next Batman in JL movie

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by GeronimoJackson, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Those who've bought it, worth the extra money? Nolan's been known to have very limited special features when it comes to DVD releases.

I don't know why people complain about Bane's voice. Other than maybe 2 or 3 lines, his voice was pretty clear...maybe too clear actually. Like, I wish it wasn't dubbed in certain scenes because it sounded unnatural.

I heard the original cut was 4 hours, but of course Nolan won't release that. The ending did seem very rushed, and even for a near 3 hour movie, I still felt like I got robbed of something after it was over. What Nolan should have done was go the Harry Potter route and released the final movie in 2 parts. The segment with Bruce in the pit alone should have been at least 20-30 minutes longer.

There was a rumor that confirmed Joesph Gordon-Levitt as the new Batman for the Justice League movie coming out in 2015, which was refuted, thank god. That movie is gonna completely bomb anyway.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't think it is out yet......

I just got all 3 on Blu Ray from Amazon today and the reason I say that is because it comes with a coupon and says it will be released in 2013.

I liked Bane as a character overall. I was skeptical at first, because lately he has been viewed as nothing but a muscle head. So it was nice to see a new take on the character. Two parts to the movie would have been great. One to deal with Bane, and the other to deal with Talia.

I think JGL is basically going to skip *Robin* and just go straight to Nightwing. It only makes since because there is no Batman anymore.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I bought the Limited Edition box set with the broken mask statue. Is it worth the $30 I paid for it? Maybe. I'm more ready for Iron Man 3 than anything else DC brings out.

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

My favorite thing about the movie is Bane not being a joke.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

6. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

"You're not sending ME to the COOLER!"

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Bat skates were without a doubt the worst. I rolled my eyes at that when I was seven

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

Batman's Greatest Villain.

uploadfromtaptalk1355023257586.jpg

Two of the worst movies ever.

I'd definitely pick up a special edition extended TDKR. It is the best Batman movie of the trilogy. IMO TDK was not a Batman movie. Joker and the rest of the cast stole that film, Batman just happened to be in it.

I'm so sad the story is stopping. I wish it could be continued. I love the world Nolan created.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I also think they could have done another movie before they killed it in the end.

Oh well, in 10 years or so another director has framework for how it should be done.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Ten years? Yeah right. They'll milk that teat the next chance they get. See: The Amazing Spider-Man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar