The Dark Knight Rises - Spoiler Thread (first post isn't a spoiler though)

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Gunny, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

Heinz Field bites the dust.

I clapped in the theater.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Mad cause Superman can one shot Badman?

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

You say that was a bad movie but you call the Superman preview good?

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. XO

XO Nevada Native

Batman could totally take down Superman.

Give him 24 hours to plan and some kryptonite, which he has, and Supes is done.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Just got back from the theater. A few of my friends had told me they were a bit disappointed with it. So I went into the movie expecting to be let down. But it absolutely blew me away.

I never in a million years thought I'd be saying this, but it actually trumped The Dark Knight. Perhaps I'll change my mind after repeat viewings, but I honestly doubt it. And I must say, Bane gave Joker a run for his money in the "Most Bad@$$ Villain" category.

From the moment they announced Bane would be the main villain I was concerned as to how that was going to work out. But man, did they ever pull it off. I'd definitely say he's the most ominous and terrifying villain in Nolan's Batman universe. Although Ledger's Joker will probably always be what most people remember most from the trilogy.

My one very small complaint is why in the hell did Bane sound like Sean Connery?
    [​IMG]

Oh, and how FREAKING BAD@$$ was that first fight between Bane and Batman???

6. The Playmaker

People can sometimes be too critical of films. It's not only hard enough to make a good comic book movie but also the 3rd installment in a trilogy can be very difficult as well. I really don't have many complaints except...

1. I don't like the way Bane died (seemed cheap)
    2. Plot holes (timeline, different than comics)
    3. Confused how they handled Robin

I'm pretty sure Nolan was convinced to add Robin to the movie so he did it in the way of not having him in a suit but helping out Batman in other ways. I'm also not sure what they do now. I know they said after the 3rd movie it was over but they left it so wide open. In Batman Returns, Batman comes out of a real retirement and puts back on the suit and has the help from Robin. In the current series going on Talia al Ghul was pregnant and had a son named Damian and after Robin became the new Batman, Damian became the new Robin. So the way the ending ended up being a part of me thinks they keep going. A reboot is likely even though it's wide open.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I tend to agree. But on the other hand, we really don't even know that he's dead (as far as I could tell).
    I think we'll definitely be seeing a movie with "Robin" as the lead next. Though I don't see him actually being called Robin, as it is lame and obviously a dead giveaway as to his true identity. I think he'd either be Nightwing or just continue the character of Batman.

I REALLY hope there isn't a full on reboot of Batman anytime soon. That would be disgraceful. I certainly wouldn't put it past Hollywood though.

8. The Playmaker

I agree. It's going to be really hard to top this trilogy, so I'm hoping they continue on.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i wish i could high five this more

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

I'm with you I think Bane was a total bad A. I liked the voice ,though it was hard at times to understand ,I thought it was creepier than joker. He was very sinister and did you see him crumble that column in the second fight scene WOW!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar