The Dark Knight Rises - Spoiler Thread (first post isn't a spoiler though)

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Gunny, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

Then... the greatest movie that could ever be made.

Can we start a Kickstarter for Marvel/Disney to buy the Deadpool movie rights back from Fox before they ruin him further?

uploadfromtaptalk1343429222476.jpg

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I would kinda dig a highly animated Deadpool movie more than a real life one.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I would dig any Deadpool movie.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Finally saw TDKR......Did not think it was as good as TDK, but more thoughts later.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Okay here goes.......

My first thought when seeing Bane was, why does this guy sound like James Bond and not George Lopez? Just a pet peeve, but when time went on, I thought they did a good job making him into what he was. Have no idea why they put him into the League of Shadows, I don't think that was true to the comics, but regardless, they did a good job with his character.

The first fight, was great, I wish they swapped things around and ended up dealing with the nuke first and then fighting Bane. I think Bane breaking Wayne's back would have made the ending much more realistic and Catwoman could have still come in to save the day at the end, while pulling Bruce to safety. I honestly did not care much for the pit scene. Bruce could have stayed away from that and I would have been fine.

Robin was ****ing awesome, I knew exactly who he was going to be as soon as he came on the screen. Bane's death, I could handle, they had to get rid of him quickly and shooting him was about as quick as it gets.

I think it is the second best film of the series, and I may even go as far to say that it will be viewed along the lines of what Star Wars was 30 years from now. I am just thankful someone came along and did the characters justice. I would like to see another Nolan film with Robin/Nightwing and Catwoman, but I think this is the end.

I also loved the teddy bear reference while 'young bane' was in the pit and the Killer Croc one early on during the movie.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't think so, if so, not anything more than what Scarecrow was, if that. Reason being is that he would have lost all his ties/power and really could not have done anything to add to the story.

8. TitansfaninKY

TitansfaninKY Starter

I saw this movie last night with very high expectations. Probably too high of expectations. Thought this was definitely the worst of the three. Didnt read a whole lot before I went in but thought that this was supposed to be the finale. It seemed to set up for a sequel more then Prometheus. Not a horrible movie just not what I was expecting. Bane was done really well just couldn't get over how lame it was they brought Robin in and Catwomen teaming up with Batman seemed as laughable as the predator and black chick from AVP. Started off really strong but after Bane broke his back it kindof all went downhill for me. Felt more like I was watching the old Batman movies based instead of this whole realism thing that Nolan was going for...

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I love Tom Hardy, but it really felt strange having Bain in the movie. With so much to do with the tunnels, sewers and being underground etc it was like they wrote the script with Killer Croc in mind and then suddenly said "Nah, F it. Let's get Tom and have T-Pain create the voice".

Sad. Also, I have no idea what Ra's al Ghul's daughter had to do with anything...

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You can take this for what it's worth, but I was listening to a podcast recently with a bunch of low-level Hollywood types chatting, and one said that he knows for a fact that Nolan intended Joker to be the focus of the third Batman film and was devastated that it wouldn't be possible. The person went on to say that Nolan didn't really want to make TDKR and only did so after the studio basically gave him a blank check not only for TDKR, but also told him he could first make whatever movie he wanted to make for basically any budget (he made Inception).

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar