The Days of Being Hard Hitting, Physical and Nasty Are Back

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Looks like this team might have finally gotten its identity back and thats being hard hitting,physical and nasty and both sides of the ball.

Our newest center we drafted Brian Schwenke is promising to be nasty and physical.

There is 7th rounder Daimion Stafford at safety who says he lays the wood and loves to punish somebody with the ball. He reminds me of another physical 7th rounder we had success with Cortland Finnegan.

Our first rounder Chance Warmack is going to dominate on the offensive line and take control in the trenches along with the rest of what looks to be one of the most physical offensive lines in the league.

In free agency we brought in Bernard Pollard on defense who has said he is going to be physical on every play and will not back down or apologize for how hard he hits or how rough he plays.

Akeem Ayers has been saying that the team needs an identity and we need to be more vocal and make things happen and it looks like that has been answered.

Also it looks like they brought in Gregg Williams to help coach the defense and help turn them into a more physical,hard hitting unit who will try their best on every play to wreak havok create turnovers and scoring opportunities.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

You're jumping the gun, aren't you Mike75?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'll say we'll know the identity of the Titans by the bye week.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Gotta agree with you Mike. It's clear they're trying to become a more physical football team. We've got some thumpers on both sides of the ball now as well as some solid skill players that can make plays.

Gonna be a fun season.

5. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Cant Wait!

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I would say an identity was well on it's way for the defense when we brought in Gregg Williams.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

I say the draft doesn't create an identify.

How the team plays will.

They come out the gate getting punked and go 0-4 or something it is over.

8. SRW293

SRW293 Starter

They all are Talking The Talk... hope that in the end they can also..... Walk The Walk
    Hoping for a great year if this happens

9. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

First we gotta find a replacement for whiffin.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Daimion will probably be a special teams head-hunter, but wouldn't expect him to get on the field much for a long time.

Dude loves to hit though, so I hope to see him lighting returners up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar