"The Fans Won't Show Up!!"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm going to offer two simple contrasting opinions, but I keep seeing this posted.

a. "I won't show up next year if Munchak is still the coach!"

b. "Fans will stop showing up if he isn't fired."

c. "This FO better pay attention to what the fans are saying".

Here are my responses to the above:

a. Then someone else will buy your ticket. I'm sure you were such a loyal fan and spending much of your hard-earned money with this type of attitude. You won't be missed.

b. No they won't. The NFL offseason is long, and by time August rolls around every REAL football fan will be itching to hit the stadium again. We'll all be excited. We'll all at least go for the first 6 weeks unless things are ugly. Just as they did this year.

c. The FANS will respond to wins or losses. But the offseason begins on Monday... and starting Monday- the Titans are undefeated. If this FO thinks Munchak & Co. Can start off hot next year- the fans wont be saying anything negative. The first 4 home games are sure to sell... the last 4 are where their gamble is. If they believe in Munchak- they aren't risking much.

Now, tell me how he has a 2-20 record against winning teams and blah blah blah-- I said it before most of you did. But this team IS competitive. They have been in almost every game. More losses for this team fall directly on the players than the coaches. The gameplans haven't been the problem... which means, coaching isn't necessarily the problem. Execution is. Now- can undisciplined play fall on coaches? Of course. Do you fire a guy because his team makes killer mistakes and blows games? Not after 1 season of it, you don't.

NOW... If this team DOES fire Mike Munchak, they'd better be serious about change. Not just with the head coach, but go ALL OUT.

1. New Staff. All new coaches. Not just 1 or 2. Everyone goes.

2. New uniforms. Laugh if you want- but new uniforms seem to energize teams. It happens almost every time- team gets new uniforms, they end up playing better. But more importantly, this signifies a radical change in the organization-- it's a sign to fans that change is here. Things are different. Marketing 101. Aesthetics are the easiest change fans can see.

3. Stadium enhancements. Hoping the 12th Man concepts are indeed a plan and legit-- more things of this nature need to be added. Get fans excited > Get the team excited > Time travel to 1999.

4. New Quarterback. Let the staff draft their own- or actually get someone that can play. Doesn't have to be a superstar- but think of the Cardinals with Palmer. Or via the draft, the Seahawks with Wilson. This team doesn't need a superstar- just someone that can manage.

If you're going to change, promote the ever-living-hell out of that change. Make it known to the Nation.

Or... wait 'til next season to do this. (This is the route I assume will be taken)

• High Five High Five x 8
  2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

except with the uni's...

i actually really like our current two-tone blue... i like all the combos too (dark on light, light on light, light on dark, dark on white, light on white, white on dark, white on white, white on light - we have enough to work with every year to change it up)

we don't have to change our uni's till we at least get some damn rings with the ones we do have..

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The colors aren't really the problem.

The helmets/yoke style/logo are. Ditch the flaming thumbtack and let Nike have some fun with a good theme to work with.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Agreed on all points, this franchise needs a change up.

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Perhaps many of the tickets will be bought, you are correct, will they have guaranteed sellouts each and every game if 10,000 psl holders decline purchasing? I don't think so, I suspect the titans ticket office will have to do a lot of package selling like that hockey team in town does. But in truth for me it is a personal choice of not wasting time and money on this franchise unless and until they make changes and decide to get in the modern era of NFL football. Not holding my breath.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Starter

what is wrong with you?

7. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

We've been fans of the Tennessee Oilers/Titans since they've been here. It seems like over the years I've done more complaining than I have praising of this team.

We've owned 2 PSL's for years and purchased another 2 season tickets (for years) from a friend of mine who finally let me purchase the PSL's from him a couple years ago. I'm now the "proud" owner of 4 PSL's and feel obligated to purchase season tickets every year or lose them.

I will continue to purchase my season tickets, will continue to go to games where the weather tells me to stay home instead. I enjoy our friends that we meet every home game at the tailgates. I enjoy our friends that we have made in the stadium who, like us, are religious about attending every game no matter how bad the product on the field is.

Being a Titans fan is a hobby for me and I enjoy it. I would like to see more changes this next year like a new head coach, but if that doesn't happen, you'll still see me around this forum complaining like I usually do ;-)

GO TITANS!!!

• High Five High Five x 6
  8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

True fan. Keep the faith man. Nothing lasts forever and that includes losing. This team will be good again.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

jury's still out on that one

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

LMFAO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar