"The Fans Won't Show Up!!"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Of course the fans aren't just going to stop attending games en masse. But the fans are becoming more and more apathetic each year. And if Munch is brought back for 2014 I think we're going to see some of the worst attendance we've ever seen at LP.

I personally know several people who have said they will give up their PSL's if Munch is back (and I'm not just talking about people on this forum). Will somebody else buy those PSL's? Most likely. But the fact that so many people are even TALKING about taking the loss on their PSL's is a very real problem for the organization. And if they don't start winning, and fast, it's only going to get worse and worse.

2. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

We're talking about the Titans here. I agree with everything you just said although I'd like to keep Shawn Jefferson as WR coach(I think he's a good one). But this is the Titans...where the status quo is to remain status quo.

3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Heard alot of folks that sit around me saying if he is not fired they are done. Tickets go up and up and the product does not. It stays close to 8-8 fans are tired of it!

4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

definitely tired of the mediocre crap.... I drive down from NY on a yearly basis, I am so thankful I did not this year and I am considering going to a game next year, I do like to support my team but if this team can't support what the fans want then why bother! If Munch is retained for next year I will save my money, LP field is not right around the block from me, its about 16 hours of driving and I have to get a hotel, get food, it becomes a weekend get away. Trust me I love it when the team shows effort to improve, even in 2009 I went to the bills titans game, the team showed improvement from the start of the season but this year I see NOTHING! That is why today is sad and the season is sad. I will sit at home next year like this year watching this team on nfl ticket with only hopes they will make the right changes for the future and for their fans!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I've went to games the last two seasons but told the family last night if Munchak is coaching during the 2014 season we won't be going to any of those games.

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I am right there with you man! I think most people are and will be by the end of today!

7. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

Chill lol no need for all that. A new HC will work just fine.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

A lot of fans will decide not to renew their PSL's next year. Most of those will be bought by ticket agencies (scalpers) who do not intend to attend games but sell them, and most of those will be bought by fans of the visiting teams. That has already been happening, and is the reason LP is not the feared place for visiting teams it once was.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Stadium looked pretty full and in a great mood today. Could it be that the opinions of bitter posters on here don't reflect those of the fan base at large?

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It didn't look "full" on TV. The lower bowl looked full, but that was probably the upper level fans that moved down, looked like a lot of empty seats upstairs. And lots of red seat showing in the Club, the weather wasn't bad so they weren't all inside.
    But it did look like more fans than we expected. The many people in town for the Music City Bowl and NYE bash probably bought up a lot of cheap seats from the scalpers. Don't believe people were there to support giving Munch another year.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar