The FB In Mularkey's Offense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He's a total baller....for 10 snaps a game.

I do that all the time. I was one of the first to call Sankey Stankey. I was definitely the first to say that Hunter sits when he pees.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah I totally blame RW no doubt about it

3. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

4. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Fowler was definitely a reach with a 4th rounder. That round you should be able to find 50/50 starters, if not quality depth guys at more important positions.

Wouldn't say the pick is a bust though. If you're just looking at him as a FB I get that. But he was also apparently one of the best special teams players we had. He even forced a fumble on a punt return.

If he can produce as a fullback and continue to make plays on special teams (which will be huge if the offense improves and the defense doesn't **** the bed on 3rd downs) then special teams plays like that can drastically change a game.

At that point, I'll view it as a good pick.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

6. rekirts

rekirts Starter

If you could hit 50/50 on starters in the fourth round you're by far the best GM in the entire league. Would win superbowls every single year.

7. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

shoulda flipped it to Marcus for the TD.:pointsky:

8. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Dalton was worse. Didn't we win that Pittsburgh game tho?

9. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I didn't meant right out of college they are starters.

Go look check the drafts over the past 5-6 years. Close to half of them are currently starters on their teams now, we're starters at some point or play a significant number of snaps.

So I don't fault anyone for thinking Fowler is wasted pick for someone who might get 10-20 plays a game, including special teams.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Yeah you're right. Lets see...
    47 Pass + 102 Run + 273 Special Teams = 422
    422 divided by 16 = 26.3

Waaaaaaaaiiiit a second. I'm pretty sure 26.3 is more than 10.

Also, that's more snaps in 2015 than Kendal Wright, Justin Hunter, Dexter Mcluster, Quinton Spain, Al Woods or Karl Klug. In his rookie season.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar