The Fighter

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Childress79, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I've waited a long time to see this film which has had many actors and directors attached to it over the last 5 years.

I was a big fan of Micky Ward as a boxer .

It covers the story behind the boxer and his struggle to make it up to the point where he secures status as a legit fighter worthy of a title.The legendary fights with Arturo Gatti are not featured in the story other than a footnote as it's the story of how he got there.

It's a grim tale of a disfunctional family with plenty of dark humor that comes with that.

The film is shot perfectly to make you feel that your looking at old video footage rather than clean and crisp shots of actors in 80's and 90's fashions.

Great acting by all but particularly Melissa Leo,Amy Adams and Christian Bale.

Mark Wahlberg often seems to be playing himself in every role but is nicely understated here and works well with Bale. Without Wahlberg fighting for it to happen for a long time the film wouldn't have been made.

Nice to see Jack McGee given a real part in a story for once.

Watch the end credits and you'll see Micky and Dicky for real as they are today

8.5/10 I think Leo and Bale will both get Oscar nominations for this movie.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. joelmunroe

joelmunroe Camp Fodder

Nice post Childress. I was very impressed with Bale's performance as Dicky. I felt he adapted to a pretty tough role perfectly.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'll probably see it, because people are saying how good it is. I was really bothered by the fact by how huge Wahlberg is, and how Ward was around 140 his whole career. Other than that, I'll probably see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar