The Final 53 as I see it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We have to have 3 QBs..

Rattay will be there even though he won't be active for any game until one of the other QBs get hurt.

We won't cut any WR that was just drafted but we will have to keep davis and p williams because they won't make it through waivers to be on the PS.

No way we keep 2 fullbacks..

Probably do keep 7 WRs..

2. Cramer isn't really a 2nd FB, he's a 4th TE. And I could see keeping him, but he's a luxury.

As for a #3 QB, I'm not so sure. I can see keeping Rattay, but we aren't going to win without VY regardless (not that we will necessarily win with him).

I agree with most of Carpy's 53. The last few guys on the roster are always up for debate, but most of it is right.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

For someone like me who knows all the starters and a few key backups, but doesn't have time to closely follow camp, it's cool to read stuff like this. Thanks for posting it.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The final 2-3 spots seem to totally be decided by special teams play. I keep King, Nickey and/or Cramer over a seventh WR for this reason.

I wish they could get Harris to LS.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'd guess about the same Carpy. I'd like to see someone better than Conover, maybe a decent cut. I hope Nande plays good on St's and gets a chance to stick, but he could be PS'd again. I'd maybe cut Wand or Loper and put and give a spot to WR's or DB's possibly.

We just need to petition to the league to get a few more roster spots and game day actives.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Starkiller, you have to have a third QB. they have always had a third QB. To say the hell with it we will lose anyway isn't the way you run a team. If vince is down for 5 weeks then collins will be starting so who backs him up in a pinch?

Rattay can't be placed on the practice squad so what do we do with him? He's better than that stiff collins as far as i'm concerned..

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A note about the practice squad..

Players on the practice squad don't make much just $4700 a week during the season. Once the season ends the player has no ties to the team unless they offer a contract. So while we see it as similar to making the team and providing extra emergency depth the players themselves won't see it that way i'm sure.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Who was our #3 last year on the 53-man roster?

Hint: a trick question.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

i thought Matt Mauck was.

10. They didn't have a 3rd QB last year after Volek was traded.

If we're down to the 3rd QB, we can't expect to win anyway. It just depends on what they can do with that roster spot. And they could have a QB on the practice squad to call up if necessary.

They can cut him or Collins, whichever of the two ends up #3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar