The first of many articles hammering Manning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How can you have an arrogant kicker...it just doesnt seem right

2. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

It just goes to show, you get pressure on Manning and he freaks

Did you see how many times Manning had happy feet yesterday? It was like he was trying to stomp out mini fires on the turf. When you're not a very mobile quarterback and your offensive line has break downs and your name is Peyton Manning, it spells L.O.S.E.....

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wonder if Schwartz will take note.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Most of the blame should go to the coaching staff IMO. They were ill prepared and didn't make proper adjustments to the Steelers scheme. On the other hand you have to give the Steelers coaching staff a huge thumbs up for putting together a great game plan. They almost made it look easy.

I watched a tape of the press conference and didn't think Manning's comments were that far out. Certainly he should have been more careful with his words but trying to answer why they got beat was simply because they didn't have an answer for the Steelers blitzes. I'm not sure where he acted like a spoiled brat. Manning actually did all he could do to put the Colt's in position to possibly win the game. The Colt's defense wasn't playing real well and if not for Manning picking it up a notch the game would not have been close.

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

QUOTE "they couldnt pick up a blitz worth anything and no QB could have gotten the job done under those circumstances" And Swartz, I also heard a simarly quote during the game, it went like this, "No matter how good or famous a QB is, he can't throw while sitting on his ."
    <marquee><font color=red> HINT..............HINT............HINT.............HINT.........HINT..........HINT.......</MARQUEE></FONT>
    ________
    Extreme Q Vaporizer

6. FAN1

FAN1 Starter

This quote is from John Adams the Knoxville News Sentinel Sports Editor this morning: "This was supposed to be the Indianapoils Colts' year, just as 1997 -Manning's senior season - was supposed to be Tennessee's year. The Vols couldn't win the games that mattered most in 1997. Neither could these Colts." You might not think this article is surprising but coming from East TN where they think Manning is the second coming it was a bit refreshing to see that even they think Manning folds under preessure. It just goes to show you that even Manning is human. I am sure that right after the SB they will they wills start talking about the COLTS again and how 2007 they will win the big one again.

7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

There's a lot of blame for that game to go around, but ultimately it falls on Manning. Because it was obvious after he overdode his HEAD COACH and waved off the punt team that he is the one who is in charge of that team.

When Vanderjagt went out to kick, I told my dad "Hopefully he was out partying last nite." Evidently he was. But Manning's reaction on the sideline after missing that kick (laughing) was unacceptable. Enjoy your vacation (insert bad word here).

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Too much hate on Manning IMO. Way too much. He had a decent game, but he did act like a little ***** when they lost. Plus, overriding Dungy was just wrong.

9. How did Manning have a decent game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar