The forward pass

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

SECTION 1 - FORWARD PASS

ARTICLE 1. DEFINITION
    It is a forward pass if:

1. the ball initially moves forward (to a point nearer the opponent’s goal line) after leaving the passer’s hand(s)
    2. the ball first strikes the ground, a player, an official, or anything else at a point that is nearer the opponent’s goal line than the point at which the ball leaves the passer’s hand(s).
    Note: A ball that is intentionally fumbled and goes forward is a forward pass. A ball that is intentionally muffed, and goes forward or backward, is a batted ball (12-4-1).

Item 1. Forward Movement of Hand. When a player is in control of the ball and is attempting to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his hand starts a forward pass.

1. If, after intentional forward movement of his hand, contact by an opponent materially affects the passer, causing the ball to go backward, it is a forward pass, regardless of where the ball strikes the ground, a player, an official, or anything else.

I just don't understand how the refs screwed the Cassel fumble up so bad. Rule 1 clearly states that if the ball initially moves forward to a point nearer the opponent's goal line after leaving the passer's hand then it is a forward pass.....that ball yesterday landed 12 yds down field. Basic simple physics tells you that their is no way that ball goes that far if it weren't thrown by Cassel. So simple #1...tells us it was a forward pass....then read down to Item 1 #1... it states that it doesn't matter were the ball lands as long as the hand was moving forward....anyone should be able to see that his hand was moving forward or their is no way in hell the ball could go 12 yds.

I really want to hear the NFL's explanation of how a ball goes 12 yds forward if there was no forward movement of the hand.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea I feel like we got screwed too

cant cry about it now tho

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Makes me sick.. This is going to have me in a pissy mood all week.

The refs really determined this game for us. That 14 point swing was horrific to this team being that we couldn't generate anything on offense.

But I still have no earthly idea how that was a ruled a fumble.

4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

They were just saying on the radio that the Dolphins had 13 players on the field that play.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

In case anyone missed this tweet

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I know the calls suck but let’s be honest. We should have been able to move the ball a lot better than we did. We took one shot down field (or maybe a couple- I can’t remember) just not enough to keep them honest. And Robiskie and Mularkey kept trying that stupid bunch formation stuff that just doesn’t EVER work. It’s been figured out.

So I’m not too upset feeling like those calls cost us the game. We should have done better.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

anyone think there will be any zebra love on mnf???

yeah me neither.

unless its zebra on pony action

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Unfortunately, this is a result of replay.

Officials have been told to let the play run, because if they whistle the ball dead it nullifies a touchdown return. They are taught they can review the fumble but not the advancement.

One thing I will say, and have had a problem with for a long time, is that it is absolutely ridiculous that some of these games don't have the same amount of cameras on the field. Because this was a 1pm game against the Titans and Dolphins and was not a nationally televised game, there was a minimal amount of angles to review the plays.

The Cowboys and Packers game, on the other hand, had a call overturned because they had the skycam.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

Yep, the players all say that they all heard a whistle blow the play dead, and Dolphin players were also running on the field because they thought it was dead too. I don't get how they can get away with a call that is a HUGE turning point in the season and ultimately even cost us a playoff spot.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I believe that can be challenged as well.

Two blown challenge opportunities in one game.

Grade A coaching.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar