The Freak not freakish?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Keep him fresh rotate him in on passing downs, he will do fine.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Odom had a sack and 1 ff today

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah I know but I seem to remember something about an injury he suffered in pre-season that was thought to be serious.

4. It was serious enough to keep him out of camp, but it wasn't a season long issue.

As for Kearse, we knew we weren't getting back Kearse circa 1999. Hell, the guy is 32 years old and has been through a bunch of injuries. But we don't need him to be that guy any more. He just needs to keep defenses honest. And he's a lot cheaper than either LaBoy or Odom.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well said, SK. That's exactly what we need him for, and he'll be fine in that role.

6. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

didn't think he is quite as freakish, but still a quality DE. I predict he'll get 2 sacks in a game soon.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

As someone else pointed out, I'd agree that rotation may be a better thing for him. Maybe keeps him fresher and uses him as mostly a pass rusher, his strength, or at least past strength.

But who is Fish going to give reps to? We know the Fish and his vet love :fish: Don't see any of these guys getting the start, but maybe Ball could be played more early on for run stuffing. I thought Hayes looked good against the run from preseason, but I don't expect him to get much action this year.

8 sacks would be fine, but he hasn't been getting consistent pressure so far. The .5 sack was really caused by KVB. Odom got 8 sacks last year, right? But he put on more pressure and had more hurries than Kearse is on pace for.

No, I did not expect him to be the same. I said there was talk of him being the same, and it seemed too good to be true. I did hold out some hope that he was misused at Philly and that hurt his stats some, and maybe eventually his play time.

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I agree with the general theme here. Kearse is not the same, but he's a good value and a good enough starter. The guy I am worried about is Crumpler. He has not done anything for us (3 for 20) and he was the guy that was supposed to be our RZ target. J-Mac is not doing anything either.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Almost forgot about Crump. The few times I've seen him run in the open field, he looked kinda slow. But I never watched him a lot, maybe he's always been slower, maybe like Erron Kinney.

OTOH, I have watched Crump closely while blocking, and he was very good. Similar affect on the run game to Hartsock, which is not glamorous, but is very important for this type of team.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Kearse is getting back into the groove. It'll take a little time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar