The Freak not freakish?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Here's an idea but hold the ropes :hang: until giving it a little thought.. since he still has the speed but has lost the first step, why not move him to LB and rotate him around with Bulluck and Thorton.

That should keep all 3 of them fresh, and keep defenses in check.

idk.. Just a thought..

2. reo

reo Starter

Week 1 the titans played the run first and then to contain Garrard and collapse the pocket around him. They weren't rushing the edge and trying to get to him fast like they would w/ other QBs.

Week 2 was a horribly windy game so again they played primarily to stop the run and when Cincy threw, it was generally w/ 3-5 step drops.

I'm fine w/ bashing Kearse if its warranted but its not yet. This week could be better depending on Houston's gameplan.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm not bashing Kearse for no reason. I focused specifically on times when he's doing a speed rush to get to the QB, and he's not the same as old to my eyes.

The not getting off blocks thing has been obvious on many plays I've seen.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We knew he wouldn't be the same. We brought him in so we could replace the last 2 DE's and have a familiar face around.

5. reo

reo Starter

yeah, all i'm saying is to give it a bit more time.

6. reo

reo Starter

4 tackles 1 sack.

better?

Here's what KVB had to say:

Give him some time. He's getting back into this more attacking mindset. That sack today wasn't a gimmie. It seemed very familiar. Flat out owned that tackle.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

agreed, very impressive sack.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he had another play that was just as freakish but he missed schaub.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

On the sack, he got a really good jump, and did seem like the old Freak as he blew past the OT. Haven't seen that type of speed since he's been back.

He definitely played better against the pass and run, which is really encouraging. Hope he gets in a good rhythm and stays healthy :yes:

10. CrimsonTitan

CrimsonTitan Guest

Kearse is sadly a has-been, the game has passed him by and it was a boneheaded move to let Odom go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar