The Fullback Position Could Really Be Utilized Much Better And Q. Johnson Cut Creates Roster Spot

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He broke off 2 long TD's, they werent both short passes

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You are delusional if you think Taylor Thompson is a better pass catcher than Walker.

You can't just say "Oh Delanie Walker had the highest percentage of drops in the league. He is terrible."

Guess what?

Nate Washington had the highest drop percentage in the league when he was with the Steelers. Future Hall of Famer, T.O. led the league in drops multiple times. I'm sure there have been other great WRs or TEs to have a lot of drops over the course of the season.

Walker only caught 21 passes in 2012. So if he dropped one pass, his drop percentage would be ~ 5%. That percentage is skewed. Wes Welker would have to drop five passes to reach 5%.

I would certainly prefer a receiver not to be dropping passes, but to just write off a guy so quickly is stupid.

Walker is our best TE and every time I've seen him play, he comes up big in the passing game while also obviously making great blocks to pave the way for Gore. So, I'm not even sure where all these drops are coming from. Maybe they were bad passes behind him or they were thrown into traffic.

Don't rush to judgment. The guy is gonna be a good player for us.

3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Is Quinn Johnson really even worth a roster spot? Craig Stevens did alright at FB last year.. maybe we should move him back to TE alongside Walker. Maybe Taylor Thompson could play FB.. we have all seen him block lol.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Yeah one was a run.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

He caught 21 balls and had 8 drops and 1 fumble.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I think we only threw to him 4 or 5 times last year but Quinn Johnson caught every pass thrown his way last year. He seems to have pretty good hands for a big boy.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Looks like he just had a bad year.

2011: 3 drops
    2010: 2 drops
    2009: 1 drop
    2008: 0 drops
    2007: 1 drop
    2006: 0 drops

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

agreed last year he apparently dropped too many balls. Have too go all the way down too Kellen Davis at 13.6% drops too find a guy on that list with as many targets as DW.

Not good, but at least he was running the right routes to get 39 targets. And lets not forget he caught the majority of targets, barely, and he was getting down the field with 15 ypc

reguardless he can play TE not hybrid/project hopefully a TE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar