The good news is... (Jadeveon Clowney knee surgery)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Yeah you are right, the big question is whether or not they had them after a failed Menisectomy. Did they retain a portion of their Meniscus or was it completely gone?

It's very telling that Clowney is having this surgery so close to his last one(8 weeks), and that he's having it so young. Usually, microfracture is a last ditch effort to regenerate cartilage, not a cleanup procedure. Not good signs at all.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It seems like a similar timeframe as Kelce, people were saying he'd never play in the NFL when he had his, and he looks great in his first season this year.

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Probably would have gotten me at the frat house. LOL....good times.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I personally never believed in Clowney as a worker so I just dont see him coming back from this and performing at a high enough level to stick in the NFL. This probably just ruined Clowney permanently and its not even his first injury as a pro. He's had a sports hernia, and a concussion to go along with the bad knee.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/50743/77/clowney-faces-uncertain-future

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8375/jadeveon-clowney

Just some articles...

"It's one of the worst surgeries an NFL player can undergo. What Clowney does have going for him, though, is his youth. He'll turn 22 in February. But setbacks are common following microfracture surgery, and it's been known to derail careers. Eagles OLB Brandon Graham underwent microfracture surgery as a 22-year-old in December 2010 and wasn't back in his normal role until Week 1 of 2012. It's a real possibility Clowney misses the majority, or all, of the 2015 season"

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

I had a hunch something like this would happen. Be it injuries or work ethic, my gut told me he'd be a "bust".

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

guys his size shouldn't be doing the things he's doing, his body can hold up to that wear and tear. When youre 6'6" and you can move like a 5'11" guy, its only a matter of time til you push too hard.

It works the other way too, 5'9" Bob Sanders for instance hit as hard as a 6'3" 230lb LB and ruined his body forever because of it.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Good, more bad news for the Tejans.

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Starter

This sucks, no doubt about it.

From what we're hearing though is that the surgery he's going to have Monday is the same thing Chris Johnson had done last season, which is a little different from what is commonly known as "microfracture" surgery.

Has something to do with taking stem cells from his bone & injecting it in the area that needs repair.

I doubt he'll be anything like we expected. We should plan on going forward without him & if he does come back strong... great.

10. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

I would have rather had him become a beast but get whipped twice a year by Lewan for the next 10 years.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar