The good / The bad / The ugly

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by skitch, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Hey! I heard platforms were back! Help us all....

2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Especially strong for how quick the release is. It's just a little flick but it flies 50 yards no problem.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

that was crazy that pass.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Here's who stood out to me last night. I know a lot of this has been said, but I just want to collect my thoughts on the game.

Pacman -- kid is going to have a good season. I love how physical he is. Great how he can support the run. I get more pleased with him as our first pick last year the more I see him.

Reynaldo Hill/ Andre Woolfolk -- not Hill's night, for sure. Andre to me sort of made a case to challenge Hill. He got one INT when it didn't count, but a nice recovery from a previous blown play, and missed one when he should have had it. Had he, he miiiight have seen himself with a starting opportunity at some point. Not so sure now, but if Hill's next game is the same and Andre's similar, I might consider giving Andre a chance at outside again. I will say I didn't expect as much as we saw from Woolfolk. I say don't give up on him yet....and he really brought the wood. At this point, I wouldn't even consider this season without Andre, which I'm sure we're not. I can even see him getting in on the safety rotation with that kind of physicality.

Ahmard Hall -- All I can say is -- Fleming, watch out. When you get back, you better show why we drafted you. You better open up holes, and still demonstrate that ability to catch and go deep.

Special teams -- wow, are we going to rely on this unit this year. This might keep us in games we might otherwise not be in. We've got three good returners in Jones, Wade and Roby, and I'll tell you, as I'm sure you know, Roby outdid Wade on the kickoff returns.

Toone and Nande missed a lot of tackles. Nande caught my eye once, but I can't remember why. Marcus Randall, on the other hand, showed some of the shizz last night. Prediction: if things continue, Toone gets cut, makes the PS if he clears waivers, Randall makes the squad. Nande is given the chance to slow down and develop, somewhere toward the end of the depth chart.

I want to see White and more of Ganther to finish evaluating the RB corp, but we need Brown this year.

WRs need to catch passes consistently. If we get four to be consistent, we'll be decent, and I don't care if that group includes Ben Troupe if we have two productive RBs. I still think Williams is going to step it up -- I'm not overly concerned about one perfect miss, he's still got the moxy IMO; could have totally redeemed himself if he had shown more sideline awareness and scored that TD. Givens needs more looks. Bennett's looking similar to last year and needs to be tougher and more consistent.

TEs, wait and see, but should hopefully be good.

Fuller -- picking up where he left off it seems.

DLine I'm worried about without Starks potentially. I think LaBoy will be solid, but Odom needs to bring it up to that level LaBoy was showing at the end of last season. I'm sure we'll be waiting to see if a vet DT hits the waiver wire.

OLine. I'm anxious to see how this unit gels, and who ends up starting. I just hope it's the best mix. I doubt he'll start, but Amano intrigues me as a guard, and if he does well, might eventually replace Kevin Mawae at center whenever his time is up.

Glad Young is okay. Gave us a scare there for a moment. His performance was expected, but encouraging.

I'll also throw out there, I know it's just one preseason game, but I look forward to the rest.

5. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

I think if you watch the game again, you'll find that you are wrong about this. Note also that Wade was playing against the first stringers (whatever that means in ST). Roby looked good, but Wade had a 50 yard return himself that looked real good. He had a couple of others near the 30.

6. First let me say, I didn't see the game... In Hampton Roads and not paying extra price (Sunday Ticket) for preseason games. Andre dropped an int I guess from what I read, but that means he was in place on the play. He got a pick and had 2 pass defenses (one of those would be the dropped pick). 4 solo tackles 1 assisted tackle, sounds like a good game. Like I have stated before, he is challenging Hill... It is his goal and his main focus.... Stay healthy and continue well play.. This game he opened eyes, maybe this coming game he can make eyes bat.... One note for this coming game... It is in Denver - Andre's home and his first time playing there since high school. Added incentive to do well, he will definitely have a lot of fans in the stands (family and friends - including me - flying to my home city as well Friday just for the occasion).... Good luck to all the Titans... Those who got a PM from me before in the past, remember what I told you about this game.... Less than a week Baby 1/2 and 1/2 plus the signs..... wheww weeee

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the dropped INT was ugly on his part, but you are correct that he made the reciever into the defender - BUT IT HIT HIM IN THE HANDS arrruuughhh!

guess thats why he plays D - lol

8. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Hall kicked out a Linebacker that was coming up to plug the gap. He laid the wood and opened up a good 3ft gap for Henry to plow through.

It wasn't a sexy knock the crap out of the guy hit; however, it was solid contact that started the linebacker going the other direction followed by leg drive that opened the gap.

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Hey, it's not my favorite either but it beats everyone sitting on their hands and quiet. It is like people think they are too cool to do it when it comes around.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

in that case :

:yell2: CAN WE PLEASE BRING IN A FA CORNER !!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar