The great Raven helmet debate

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

Here are some links regarding the Jacksonville Jaguars and Jaguar Motor lawsuit
    LINK 1
    LINK 2

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Even crazier than the helmet is what the Jags' uniforms would have looked like. Check this out:
    [​IMG]
    Crazy logo on the sleeves.

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

That's why the Jaguars suck. They are just a poor mans Seahawks in disguise.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Freakin' Detectives all of you ...

I swear you guys could find Jimmy Hoffa if asked...

Funny Stuff

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Ravens story is pretty good. I ran across the full story while researching copyright laws a few years back. Apparently, the Ravens organization allowed fans to submit ideas for a logo much like the Titans did on the nickname back in '97.

A guy sketches out the shield-like logo and faxes it in. He doesn't hear anything about it until they unveil the helmets a few months later. He then copyrights his sketch but finds out the NFL beat him to it.

I believe the fan initially went to the organization about it and basically asked for an autographed helmet and a thank you in exchange of using his idea. They basically told him to shove it. Eventually, he hired a lawyer and won his case after a couple of years though never collected a dime for it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So instead of paying this guy what he deserved for his idea, they decided to spend the money to change logos. I imagine it cost the Ravens and the NFL millions to do this. But they opted for it over paying a guy who would have probably settled for an autographed helmet, a few season tickets and a little thanks.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Good grief, did they let children design that? Their current duds are some of the worst in the league but these are worse.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

as gadawful as the scatbirds are, the logo the secruity guard drew up is superior. It actually has a stinkin' bird on it. the other one just had wings sticking out of a shield.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Baltimore screwed the pooch on a great opportunity to do something really cool. With the city's connection to Edgar Allen Poe (he wrote The Raven for you non-literary types - he died and is buried in Balt) they should have gone with something much darker rather than the cartoonish raven logo..

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They should have gone with roadkill...

10. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

and once again, that is why the ravens suck!

anyone remember some of the names that were considered for the to be titans. i think i recall tennessee tornados or something. anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar