THE GREATEST TITAN GAME ever

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Lucky enough to beat more playoff teams than any other team in the league.

Rather unlucky in the fact that they didn't win a few more of the close ones against lesser opponents. (And those damn divisional games)

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yup

Take the Denver game, all year we can't force a fumble, then magically we create 2 and are suddenly ahead 13 at thr half, then do nothing else the next 2 quarters...

Chiefs game, miss game winner FG but Andy Reid is there to call a time out for us.

Lions game, Mariota throws what should have been an incomplete pass as time runs out, but it somehow slips thru for Andre Johnson to make his only play of the year....

Normally we don't get those lucky breaks

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Things like that are a part of the game. They happen to every team and are a part of every game.

I've said plenty of times that "luck" is a big part of winning and losing. Just so happens that the Titans have never seemed to be a team that got lucky but rather was always the team that teams got lucky against.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

Ill agree that luck plays a role but it's not something you should count on

We convincingly beat just 4 teams last year, then got spanked by one of them on Christmas Eve..

Hell, the Browns nearly upset us.

But we did lose a lot of games by 1 score or less, so it's possible we're on the verge of being consistently good, but last year didn't show that yet. Anyone thinking we should automatically advance to 10 wins didnt watch the same team I did.

5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I'm not saying they're an automatic 10 win team...I'm just saying luck is involved with every team.

I think they played pretty well for a good portion of the season. It was never consistent in all 3 phases though. It seemed like if the D played well (not much), the O stalled. If the O played well, the D sucked. Special teams was just a disaster all year.

But, just like any team it could be back to the basement or to the Superb Owl...you never know til they play the games.

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Exactly, was just going to post the same thing.
    Bad luck came into play in some of our losses as well.

Im not saying we are an automatic 10 win team but we certainly are capable of winning 10 games, yes with some luck like any team. You don't depend on luck but it is a factor.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Good teams catch the same lucky breaks. It's part of the game. How about the unlucky break we caught against the Raiders? There were other unlucky breaks for us. Goes both ways.

We were an above average team. No doubt about it. There's no reason we can't be, at the very least, a top 5 AFC team this year. No reason not to be.

8. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

Lewan going ape s**t is not an unlucky break.

9. JCBRAVE

Wanna bet?

[​IMG]

10. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

For me it was the 1999 AFC Championship versus a very good 14-2 (Titans both ha) Jags team. McNair had a big run in that game and Mason sealed the deal after a KO return for a TD after a safety.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar