the guy we should be drafting

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. i wish Tenn would draft him, :hmm: its gonna suck not watching him play in a Buckeye Uniform anymore.........so of course im all for it lol

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

here's my problem with AJ, and it's not him
    it's our draft position and our need to find an heir to McNair

if we already had a Young or Leinart on roster and Chris didn't have the injury concerns that he does, AJ would be my second choice (D'Brick would probably be my first)

but as it is right now, AJ is my #4

imo, our needs are as follows (considering the talent where we draft)
    1) QB - Vince Young obviously the fan favorite now
    2) OL - D'Brickashaw looks solid at Senior Bowl practice
    3) RB - only because it's Reggie Bush
    4) LB - if we were picking a little further back

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Ferguson is going to be the best player available assuming Bush is gone. Franchise LTs are the second most valuable player on offense IMO to the QB and Ferguson can contribute from day one.
    With any QB there is a reasonable chance you can get a bust or mediocre player. RBs have better odds of succeeding based on history of the draft but their careers are shorter and there is a greater chance of career ending injuries. The two safest picks are Ferguson and Hawk with the value of Ferguson being far greater than a LB IMO.
    With the exception of Bush being at #3, which isn't likely I'm beginning to think Ferguson is our guy.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

also, we are going to need to look at Safety at some point
    but perhaps we address that in FA (which is more desirable)

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You take Ferguson over Young or Leinart at #3 with Roos on the roster and two potential candidates ready to step in at RT or are you talking about trading out to take him?

7. Joe Z.

Joe Z. Guest

The thing that makes it hard to pass up on Brick is that he is a Walter Jones, Pace, etc type player, and they always get picked in the top five. He is the guy I want, as well.

Roos might be better suited to stay at RT, anyways.

Also, I see Loper being a depth player, not a starter. Stewart has everything we want to plug into one of th G spots.

Honestly, if we take Brick, this is how I see our O-line in the near future, depending on what happens:

Brick, Bell, Amano, Stewart, Roos

I really, really want to see what Amano can do in a starting capacity, as he can get lower than Hartwig can (leverage), and has a mean streak.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont know that you take him, but you have to look at him very closely. I agree with soxcat, Ferguson is probably the most sure thing in this draft, and could very easily be a Ogden, pace, Jones, type player. I like Roos, and think he would be a solid LT, but I dont imagine him being anywhere near the level that Ferguson should be, plus if we left Roos on the right then we know we are solid at that position. Plus, if we take a QB who ends up being a bust then we have really set ourselves back. So again, not saying you take Ferguson over a QB, but you have to strongly consider it I believe.

9. Joe Z.

Joe Z. Guest

You also have to look at the two teams in the SB, and what do they both have? Good offensive lines.

10. #1TitansFan

#1TitansFan Camp Fodder

I have thought that with McNair possibly gone within the next few years, we would need a quarterback with really good potential. Now that I think about it though, if we take Ferguson and really strengthen up our offensive line, not only could that help us get our run going again, but also allow just about any quarterback to have time to make good decisions and get the ball down the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar