the guy we should be drafting

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's a double edged sword

you need a solid cohesive offensive line to allow time for the QB
    you need a mobile QB just in case the line breaks
    you need an agile RB to bounce it outside when there's no holes

ANYONE could make a valid argument for either Young, Bush or Ferguson

I'd find it harder to make as big an argument for AJ

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and good defenses
    and good QB's
    and good running games
    and good coaches
    etc.....

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

oh,.... and a few things WE don't
    :suspect:

4. is anyone like me that dosent like the idea of taking a lineman that high.Robert Gallery was a cant miss and so far he has had a hard time in the League.i just really dont like the idea for the simple fact that they arent going up against a nfl type caliber player

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I don't like the idea of taking Brick at #3
    that being said, I don't like taking a LB there either

there are 2 franchise QB's and 1 RB available
    you take one of the 3 or trade out to someone who will

Brick and AJ are likely 4 /5 respectively
    if we want one of the two, we can trade back a slot

no doubt in my mind that NYJ wil take whoever is there @3

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Brick is the most sure thing in the draft? Based on what?

Maybe the LT position translates easier to the NFL than the other skill positions but how often has three players with the skills and stats of Young, Lienart and Bush come into the league?

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

one thing is for sure

it's a good year to be drafting 3rd

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Bush is there with Brick certainly I think. Young and Leinart are not sure things by any stretch of the imagination. Even Chow has said that Leinart is not the same prospect as a guy like Carson Palmer. And Young is a great athlete, but there are certainly lots of areas he will have to improve in. Just because Matt Leinart put up great #s playing on a team full of future NFL players against mostly average college teams doesnt mean those #s and his average arm strength will transfer to the NFL. For every Manning or Palmer, or Mcnabb, you have Couch, Harrington, Leaf and Akili Smith. Taking a qb in the top 10 is certainly hit or miss, and if we miss then we have really set ourselves back. I do like Young, Id much rather take Brick over Leinart though.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've yet to read this quote from Chow on Leinart. Anyone want to share a link to it?

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont have a link, it was from Wycheck on his morning show a few weeks ago. But clearly just watching Palmer and Leinart play you can clearly see the differential in arm strength.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar