The "He Needed That" Awards.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Here are the awards for this week, not in any given order;
    1. Fisher. He took a game that was a LOSS and turned it into a WIN. We need to re-sign him, his value is rising.
    2. Pac Man won this game (GAME BALL). He needed a game like this. Watch those little trade rumors dissappear.
    3. Vince Young. Kept his head in a lossing game and WON it. His leadership is starting to show and the players are starting to see it.
    4. Haynesworth. Keep up the good work. If what I saw was correct, it was Haynesworth putting pressure on Eli when he threw the INT to Pacman.
    5. Bironas. His leg won the game after missing a few FGs. He can play this game under pressure.
    6. Stewart. I don't know what you did to that guy to get him to go off, but that was G-R-E-A-T!

2. zackmann

zackmann Guest

more on haynesworth...on the last INT by pac

him following tiki out of the backfield really set the play up....

3. fitantitans

There were 2 things that really stood out that made me put VY on this list;
    He got hit HARD by 2-3 defenders, got the flag, jumped back up and vocally lead his team into the next play.
    When one of his recievers screwed up, he ran him off the field, love that!

4. fitantitans

I knew he was involved somehow. It was great seeing Haynesworth and Pacman being so much involved with that win after what they have been threw.

5. mdfan

mdfan Starter

a little more on Vince's leadership from Wilbon's chat in the Washington Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2006/11/20/DI2006112000832.html

its at the end of the chat

6. Haynesworth92

Haynesworth92 Fat Albert

How about Haynesworth's slide tackle on Barber? I don't think it was intentional but it was pretty funny.

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I needed this win!!!! We all did!!!

8. Nine

Nine Starter

Actually, after watching the replay a few times, I'm pretty sure it was intentional.

One of the O-linemen had a firm hold of Haynesworth's shoulder from behind, and Al was basically dragging the guy toward the sideline....right directly in front of the umpire. With the guard's arm pulling him backward, Al could'nt move his shoulders forward, so he threw his legs out in front of Barber.

The best part is, all of this happened directly in front of the umpire...he was no more than three yards away, looking right at them with a clear line of sight. For some reason, he missed the blatant holding call, but flagged Haynesworth for the tripping call.

I guess Al better get used to it.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Yep, Yep, and, Yep!

Our future has arrived sooner than expected.

Now it's time to build on it.

10. all to merril hodges dissapointment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar