The Inspirational Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This thread is dedicated to posting photos, video, quotes and stories which inspire. Maybe it's a stunning image of nature, a kind deed which renews faith in humankind, a great idea, pre-game speech, beautiful music, etc.

Please don't post religious or political content.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[​IMG]

Lt. Col. Will Adams had been deployed overseas in Afghanistan but came back to surprise his daughter, Alayna. He dressed up as a catcher since she was throwing out the first pitch. When he took off the mask, she realized who he was.

• High Five High Five x 7
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

A good man's best friend story always tugs at the old heartstrings. One of my faves....

[​IMG]

Many of you probably already know the story. But for those who don't...
    http://www.today.com/pets/loving-arms-man-floats-his-sick-dog-sleep-becomes-internet-934394

tl;dr
    Basically this guy's dog had severe arthritis and was going to have to be put down. So kind-hearted hippie man decided to take the dog to Lake Superior for "water therapy" to help alleviate the pain. Also he credits the dog for "saving his life" at one point (he was going to commit suicide).

• High Five High Five x 9
  4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

"Now we're apart, though not through choice.. do we stay mute, or raise our voice?"

5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. GeronimoJackson

Best dying words ever.

7. GeronimoJackson

Feels start at 2:19.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I escaped the horizon
    feeling nothing was the easiest existence
    leaving a world of regret in a wake of flames
    no flame ever burned as bright
    I will not live a martyr
    no more eyes to frame my falls
    I can't live life for closed hearts
    joy left me that day
    pulled from my hands as they robbed me of life
    I am leaving earth
    burning the past as i turn and wave goodbye
    I am finally alive

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The Toronto Police Service (TPS) has been under a bit of public scrutiny recently as an officer is facing Second Degree murder charges for gunning down a young man on a streetcar. However there are some recent reminders that some on the TPS do have a heart.

First is an officer who found a 10-day-old kitten that was tossed in the garbage and took the kitten in:

http://www.undercoverkity.com/?p=3648

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The second good story came on the first day of school (which in Ontario always comes the day after Labor Day). Chris Boddy, a PR cop for Toronto Schools, sent out this simple tweet:​
    Dear Students: If you see a kid eating alone in the cafe, say hello and join him/her. #thatisnice
    7:02 AM - 3 Sep 2013

It was picked up and retweeted by many, including Katie Couric, and inspired many kids around North America to reach out and make a lonely kid feel welcome:
    http://storify.com/ericandrewgee/katie-couric-retweets-toronto-cop-on-lonely-school
    http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...tweets_toronto_cop_on_lonely_school_kids.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar