The introduction thread.

Discussion in 'Newbie Central' started by TitanJeff, Nov 30, 2009.

1. T-Rac

T-Rac Resident GoTitans Brit

from the UK, lovin the Titans :)
  2. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

Hi everybody. M

My name is Sandy and I joined here a couple of years ago, but I no longer have access to the old email account (new job) so I had to rejoin.

I don't spend much time on Titans boards, but I like to go to "enemy" boards and read stuff that gets posted. I've seen some of you on TexansTalk.

I finally realized while reading Cowboys boards that I need to get away from other fans and hang with my own kind.

So here I am
    • High Five High Five x 2
  3. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Camp Fodder

Hey....Eagles fan here. I don't bite and I play well with others so I'm not here to cause a ruckus or live up to the stereotypes surrounding people of my ilk. Just stopped by because I'm making a road trip to Nashville this weekend for the game and I have some tailgating questions that I hope you guys can answer. Since I can't start a new thread yet, I guess I'll ask them here. I checked the Titans website and LP Field but some of their info is a little vague. So here ya go:

1. What time to the parking lots open? I saw on the Titans site that the stadium lots open 3 hours before kickoff but I'm assuming/hoping that there are other lots that aren't run by the team that open earlier.

2. What's the cost for parking?

3. What's the policy on glass bottles? Most of the other stadiums I've been to don't allow them out in the open but they will allow you to keep them in a cooler/vehicle and pour the contents into a cup. Same here?

4. What's up with the permit policy for a canopy? Also saw this on the Titans website but it doesn't tell you who to contact or if there's a cost. It's only a 10'x10' canopy, so there shouldn't be a problem with it extending into a neighboring parking space. Do they even check for the permit or is it one of those rules that no one really adheres to?

That should pretty much cover it. Thanks in advance for your help.
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

don't think the parking lots at LP are open before 3 hour prior. Otherwise people would camp there saturday nights. Other lots are open earlier and with construction of the convention center wiping out most of the free parking fees have went up to at least $20 usually more and I never heard of a glass bottle policy in the parking lot. Other team have parking lot bottle police???

No clue about canopys & viva la Puppy!
  5. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Camp Fodder

So there are other lots near the stadium that aren't run by the stadium...which is perfect. Do you know what time they open?

I've been to about a half dozen other stadiums and most have the same policy....if they don't see it, they don't care. But I've also been approached by parking lot security because a bottle is setting on the table or something and they just tell me to keep it out of site and to make sure I don't throw it on the ground and smash it to bits.

Ha!!
  6. World Peace

World Peace n/a

Ron Mexico is the best username on this site. I chuckle everytime I see it.
  7. EaglesFan

EaglesFan Camp Fodder

Eagles fan here too although I do bite when requested. I do live up to the stereotype in that the Eagles either win or they suck but all that vitriol is directed at the guys in green. :)

Any tips on the best public spots to park downtown? I found a garage off 2nd that said they charge $15 per game and wondered if there was anything cheaper that's relatively safe.

Also...I'm bringing my 9 year old son to the game and he wants to wear his DeSean Jackson jersey. Given my experience is at Eagles' games, I'm a little nervous about him coming to the game in that jersey. Are my fears of him being taunted unwarranted for a Titans game?
  8. onetontitan

onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

The majority of Titans fans are very nice people who have good day jobs, I doubt very seriously that your son will be taunted. We aren't the Redskins.
  9. EaglesFan

EaglesFan Camp Fodder

Well, obviously you guys aren't the Redskins...you know how to spell and use complete sentences. Oh..wait...that's Dallas that can't do that... Never mind. ;)

Thanks for the info. :)
  10. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I can't give you much advice as far as cheaper parking, but I wouldn't worry about your son wearing his DeSean Jackson jersey to the game. For the most part, Titan fans are very civil towards our opposing team fans and especially the kids. If anyone gives you any grief over your son wearing that jersey, I would be ashamed of our Titan fan brethren.

On the other hand, if I were taking my 9 year old son who was wearing his Titan jersey, to a game in Philly, I would be concerned ;)