The Kyle Wilson bandwagon.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I have to amend my last point because the signing of both Hood and Tye Hill suggest they may not be going CB in rd one.

That gives us 6 CBs-NBs under contract, 4 of them signed or drafted within a year.

Finnegan
    Hood
    Hill
    Fuller
    Mouton
    Mccourty

Unless they are ready to give up on one of our young guys in just their second year it seems that CB might not be a rd 1 priority.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I do agree with the thinking here. But to add another thought to this I'm gonna venture to guess that Hill and Hood are the odd men out. Both of them might not even make the team by the time TC starts. If there's a DB worthy of that #16 pick, I still think we take em.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd only say that Fuller and Finnegan are the only ones safe.

Hill is a massive bust, there is no real reason to expect he will be anything exceptional and it is not unheard of for a second year pick to be cut so if one of Hill, Hood, Mouton, McCourtey show nothing then we are short at the position, especially a quality starter.

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Despite the recent CB pick ups I think we'll still go BPA with our pick. I do think it will end up a DE though, just becuase this draft is stacked with them.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Well we did sign Faggins last year and he did not make the team so guys like Babin and Hill could see the same fate. I think Hood is solid even if we draft a Cb in rd 1. He seems to be a good fit here.

I think MR likes having guys with one year contracts who have to prove themselves just to make the team.

I would have no objection to drafting any of the top 3 CBs in rd 1 and i think fisher and MR know something about assessing DBs so they will make the right pick.

I think we need to think big with that pick and go for the player with the biggest stud potential. That's what they did with CJ.

6. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

At first I thought that if we were targeting Kyle Wilson, we should trade down.
    Now I guess I'm buying into the hype. I like this guy and like his attitude. I would have no problem with the Titans taking him with 16. I like his swagger, confidence, and how he has a tendency to show up in big games in a big way. He'd be a perfect compliment to Finny.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Ive always liked the BPA idea. You want impaact players mostof all in games. I have a few doubts that the titans even go with a defender, simply because apart from last year we havent gone with a traditional pick along with what experts predict, This is just as well though, because the Titans have also found a knack for striking gold in the first round lately.

But if we dont go with a CB in the first(which I kinda doubt we do), there is one guy I want to pick up in round 3 that would just make the draft for me as a fan of two places.

That guy would be Javier Arenas. He desnt have size, but he is very instinctive and is a good tackler with tremendous strength if you want to blitz him. I understand that he can bench 435, or something 400+.

Also: Fantastic return man. Despite rating him as such, Id venture to say he is the best return man in the draft. Surely if you are an SEC fan, you remember those times you actually kicked the ball to him, only to have the broadcast erupt into a horror film as he dodges and sets up blockss around his tacklers down the field. I think the fact that he can dual positions of need would be a great asset for the titans. You can find highlights on youtube.

8. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I must admit I don't follow College Ball a lot but I think Kyle Wilson is an established returner in his own right. If Arenas is a Devin Hester type; I see your point...but if he's about the same with Wilson, go with Wilson.
    Wilson seems to be a better CB and can return.
    and yeah I think were definitely going corner with our first

9. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

If it came to a first round choice, definatly Wilson. Arenas is not the type of guy who will not be able to stay with the biggger and better WRs of the league on a very consistent basis. He projects as a nickleback and is very instinctive but can be "hit-or-miss" on the next level.

Is Wilson better as a returner? No. He is not. I will admit I have never seen him play returner before, but Javier Arenas was among the best if not the best in the NCAA.

Javier is the active career leader in punt return yards, punt returns for touch downs, and third in punt return average. Now as a kick returner I dont know, neither he nor Kyle Wilson appear on any leader boards given out on http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/career.jsp?div=B&site=org&year=2009 , also, Arena's abilities were prominent even against elite competition, and the main reason why Florida and Texas chose safe high punts in an effort to keep the ball away from him(Javier played for Alabama)

But I am not totally a homer, im trying to say if we skip on a corner in the first we could definatly use him. He has been an exciting guy for me to watch for years.

Anywho, thats just my opinion. Here are some highlight videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ZmVKwv5oc&feature=related (i hate that song, some highlights are blurrier than others)

Here he is in 2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUR4nLYlQtM (short video, but better quality, couldve been much longer though)

10. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I agree with what you say, I just think that our need is for a starting CB. I pulled about this video about Kyle Wilson and his skills as a returner.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fUwj7JemkC4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fUwj7JemkC4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar