The L P Field Forest

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fitantitans, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

flying in the face of any logic at all they were gonna condem the gas station next the the juvie center. Eventually even the paper pointed out how useful a gas station would be to the +60k people going to the stadium. The whole thing was nothing but a landgrab by Bredesen cause he just had to have the stadium downtown. In hind sight having the team downtown was probably the correct decision, just too bad so many people jobs were lost in the process.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the stadium was placed exactly where it should have been
    it sits perfectly in a cradle of the opposing high rises on the other side of the river

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

:shocked: An american concerned about the environment?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Starkiller..

I see you found an anti-american friend..:suspect:

An environmental nightmare? Why are people going to drink the water? It's not a landfill it's a scrap metal business. They better not be putting toxins into the ground.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I don't think they are just talking about the Steiner junk heap. They are talking about the barge building company that was removed to build the stadium. When they started digging around to form the foundation, they dug up more than a bunch of 'stuff', i.e., ethalmetholbadshiiiit, that shouldn't have been there.
    And then there's the Gerst House. No telling how much Sourcrout (whatever) those guys buried out there!

7. I'm not bashing anyone, I'm being realistic.

Presumably, Phillips Metals isn't currently adding toxins to the ground. But the property has been used like this for decades, probably close to 100 years, for anything from scrap metal, fabric disposal, and battery disposal. Environmental policies are much tougher now than they were back then.

But I can guarantee you the property is polluted. And we don't want the river to flow through it...

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Our interstate system is a mess. We keep building more and more lanes into and out of Nashville..but no matter how many they build, it's still going to "bottleneck" over the river. Since they aren't going to finish 840 from NI-65 to EI-40, they need to revamp those roads totally, and make them 6 lanes wide at the very least.

9. hrudy18

hrudy18 Camp Fodder

So that's the reason we can't get grass to grow!

10. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Link to local news story from several weeks ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar