The latest comments from Whisenhunt on Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I love Jake Locker, but I don't see him in our future. I wouldn't be surprised if he is traded on draft day if we draft a QB earlier, or just let him ride out his final year.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jake gets up from big hits, this idea hes made of glass is stupid. Yes hes been hurt but not because hes soft. His season ending injury was because he planted his foot, CJ was in the wrong place and Jake had to adjust so he didnt miss the handoff. Thats simply bad luck in my book.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I really want to see Locker succeed and be our franchise QB, but I can't understand all these injuries with his size and work ethic.

SeasonLeagueInjuryAnalysis
    2013 NFL Hip Locker was having a career game when he had to leave after taking a big hit. He is expected back in 4-6 weeks
    2013 NFL Foot In week 10 Locker sustained a lisfranc fracture to his right foot and was placed on IR
    2012 NFL Shoulder Missed a game due to a dislocated shoulder
    2012 NFL Shoulder Aggravated his left shoulder injury, the same one he hurt earlier in the season. He had to miss the games 3-time and he underwent surgery.
    2010 College Ribs Jake Locker fractured his rib and had to leave the field during a game against Stanford.
    2008 College Hand QB Jake Locker went for surgery to repair a broken finger he sustained during the game vs. Stanford Cardinal. He missed seven games.
    2007 College Neck Locker had not seen active participation in the Oregon State match up because of a lingering neck sprain.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I saw Fitzy take way harder hits than Jake has ever taken and the dude didn't miss a snap. Jake isn't "soft" he's injury prone. If he could play through the pain he would but the injuries he consistently sustains aren't the type you can play through. You've said this yourself. He's not a p*ssy he's injury prone. We've all known guys like this, great potential but can't stay healthy.

5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I'll just leave this here. Can't wait for you're rebuttal to the post I quoted below.

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Bryce Petty is a baller. Next year "could" potentially be a pretty decent QB class. Petty, Mariota, Hundley, Winston, etc.

7. JCBRAVE

Yea my point exactly. If the guy was glass he's keep reaggravating each of those injuries, but he doesn't, he just hurts something new each time out of what Im calling dumb luck..

Jake has every measurable you would ever want in your franchise QB, he's also got the intangibles that make him a leader. I dont know about you and others, but Im happy to take a 4th year Jake Locker over anything that was made available to us this off season.

You may have failed to realize this, but there were literally zero better options this free agency. I'd take Locker 10 out of 10 times over the Josh McCown's and Jason Campbell's of the NFL.

8. JCBRAVE

Fitz does take shots, but he's also a featherweight and hits look much worse when he's taking them.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Locker is a whopping 1 inch taller and 9 pounds heavier. We can agree that Locker is a more "solid" 234 than Fitzy is 225 but let's not pretend the difference in size is huge. I saw the hits Fitz took, they would have blown anybody up. Fact is Jake for all his strength and muscle hasn't physically been able to take the hits that guys like Fitzy routinely take. If Jake had Ryan's build he'd be 6 feet under...

10. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

He's had an injury 5 out of the 6 past years. I'm sure by now he would learn how to protect himself. As much as I love the intangibles, we can't keep making the same excuses. I hope he has a pro bowl year next year, just don't see it anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar