The Lendale/Vickerson Trade Moved Us Up For Who?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Mouton started better than he ended, but he did okay outside at first, and the Whitehurst/ Williams TD had him crossing behind the first WR and Verner to get to Williams on the outside, which he pretty much had no chance of doing.

Like I said, the depth is certainly better with McCourty coming on and Verner being added, but the question is still can one of these two adequately fill the #2 spot?

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There should be no talk of KoolAid or not after game one of the preseason..

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

That wasn't the TD, on that play he actually catches up to the receiver and makes the tackle. If he had actually bumped the receiver like I'm 99% sure he was supposed to (like the outside CB did his), he would have been in much better position. Not saying it's an easy play when the outside receivers runs a "rub"-route, but it's doable.

The TD to Williams was just a really poor angle coming up on the hitch, no excuses there.

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Whom. Moved us up for whom?

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Just confident enough to confirm we will. :koolaid:

What about that one preseason game says we have a problem at CB2?

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I don't think we have a problem at CB at all. Verner is a complete football player. I don't care what you run your 40 in, or how you test out at a combine. Some players just have "it" that makes them rise above.

I think we'll be solid with either McCourty or Verner starting opposite Finny. I feel more comfortable with Verner to be honest. He was never out of position Saturday.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Far too early to make the call but, based on what I've seen so far, Reinfeldt may get his name in the Ring of Honor based on this trade.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What about that one preseason game says we won't?

Nah I'm sure you all are right and McCourty and Verner are future all-pro shutdown cbs that won't give up a pass against Manning and R.Wayne. :shake:

This is as dumb as saying Vince Young is as bad as Akili Smith.

Let me clarify again....

Yay, our CBs (- Mouton) did good verse Hasselbeck and Charlie Whitehurst. That doesn't prove to me that CB2 is not a serious weakness for our team. I hope I'm wrong and we'll all find out against better competition.

9. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

I agree with you. You're not saying that we're doomed at corner, just that you're not sold. No reason to be after 1 preseason game imo :logo:.

I agree with DBC though. It's all about the D-line.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree with that as well. The D-line will make a huge difference in our secondary's success regardless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar