The logic behind wanting a CB in the 1st round

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If Brady had a decent OL then I doubt he would have been getting rid of the ball so fast. You have to be adaptable and that is what the Pats have done so well. One week they run the ball and the next week they throw it 60 times. This is because the players are smart enough to adjust and the coaching staff trusts them enough to make the adjustments.

Do we need to improve the secondary??? Of course we do
    Do we need to improve the OL??? Of course we do

Just because we have tried to improve the OL and failed in the past doesn't mean that you stop trying to improve it. We have to protect our franchise QB....that has to be our top priority.

IMO a quick throw offense is what fits Mariota the best. A vertical passing game is not his game. But we still have to have at least 1 WR who can run by the defense and be a true BIG play threat. Otherwise it makes it too easy for the secondary to shrink the field.

If Tunsil seems to be the next Orlando Pace then you take him
    If Ramsey is the next Polamolu then you take him
    If Bosa is the next Watt then you take him

If I had a young QB and had a choice of drafting one of those 3 studs, I would have to go with Pace.

We all get too caught up in the high draft picks and act like stud players can't be found later in the draft. What we really should be worrying about is getting players who can contribute with our 3rd-7th rnd picks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

I like signing a #1 CB and drafting Ramsey at FS. That improves the secondary from below average to at worst, good, and likely great.

#22 satkins2252, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Then nothing

Workout warriors don't do it for me

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Now you're calling Hargreaves a workout warrior?

So a guy who's been labeled as the best cover corner all year, and played corner his entire collegiate career, is now a workout warrior if he performs better in position drills against a guy who's played Safety the majority of his career?

JC, you've lost it man.

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I didn't say all that

I'm just saying, if you're taking a CB #1 overall he better be the biggest and best CB there is.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Ramsey at 1 or trade down get another 2nd..still draft Ramsey, trade back into 1 take Elliott

Sign vet at RT over Tunsil

No to Bosa

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Ramsey is going to own the combine

8. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

with all the Wentz talk i'm hearing, I'm starting to believe we may actually get to trade down!!!! :cigar:

9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Ramsey at the moment has a higher draft grade than Hargreaves from every discernible source that I have looked at. Ramsey has been reported to be "versatile" and maybe due to that distinction more valuable. Nobody has graded Hargreaves as being the best player in the draft, but many have said that Ramsey is..... that point being made, I would love to have Hargreaves playing in Titan blue too, it just ain't in the cards for us. It is Tunsil or Ramsey- we have beat this horse to death, I can't wait for FA to get here and see what we do. We won't know squat until then.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Only thing is, those 3 players aren't in a vacuum. We can sign a RT or LT in free agency to solve the OT problem. We are also strong at DE - it being one of our deepest positions. What we don't have a is a great S nor a great CB AND we can't sign a great CB in fa and I doubt we can get a great youngish S in free agency....unless you count Gipson as GREAT!

Webster was fond of messing up our First and second and third round picks. We can be worried about these because of that. Hopefully Robinson will do far better!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar