The Madden Curse strikes again!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

YEARLY REMINDER :

Do not draft Madden coverboys in FFL's

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

What?!!

You must have 2 other people in your league.

3. i think im in his league

4. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

Is there anyway to put the entire colts team on the cover, If Not I'll settle for a Manning Family picture...

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

in 1999 and 2000 PAL versions of madden Garrison Hearst and Dorsey Levens were cover boys, I think Hearst did his knee and Levens either got injured or just played like crap.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yep, I'm off to adjust accordingly. I lost TWO players today...SA and K Warner.

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Almost 75% of 142000 people on ESPN.com believes it's real.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Dawg, you can't argue with the results.

I was listening to ESPN radio, and the host there listed past curses, but wasn't sure about EG's curse. I thought it was the turf toe season...am I right on that?

9. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I won't I believe it, and I have believed it for years now... If nothing else, this year further reaffirms the truth. I always thought it had to do with Ray Ray stealing EG's lunch money in the playoff game... When we were the best team in the NFL.

Found it in wikipedia

Eddie George, then of the Tennessee Titans, who graced the 2001 box, was the second 'cursed' player. Although he had the best year of his career, rushing for 1,509 yards, catching 50 passes for 453 yards and scoring 16 total touchdowns, he was cursed by bobbling a pass in the playoffs. The pass was then intercepted by Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, who returned the ball for a touchdown. George, (up until then) known for his durability, would also get injured the following season. After regularly averaging nearly 4 yards per carry in his first five seasons and rushing for over 1,300 yards in each one, he averaged only 3 yards per carry and rushed for career lows of 939 yards and 5 touchdowns in the 2001 season. For the rest of his career, he never averaged more than 3.5 yards per carry, but did rush for over 1,000 yards twice and scored 14 touchdowns in 2002.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

1999 Garrison Hearst Injured; while playing against the Falcons, twisted his ankle on very first play of scrimmage

2000(1) Barry Sanders Abruptly retired during training camp in 1999.
    1999 2000
    (2) Dorsey Levens Cut by the Packers in 2001 and finished his career as a journeyman player.

2001 Eddie George Key fumble vs. Ravens in playoffs; team lost in Divisional Playoff after losing Super Bowl XXXIV

2002 Daunte Culpepper Injured; missed 5 games in 2001; team missed playoffs after losing NFC Championship in 2000

2003 Marshall Faulk Injured; least productive season as a Ram up to that point; team missed playoffs after losing Super Bowl XXXVI

2004 Michael Vick Injured; missed 11 games after breaking leg in 2003 preseason; team missed playoffs after losing Divisional Playoff in 2002

2005 Ray Lewis Broke wrist and missed Pro Bowl; Critically seen as an off year; team missed playoffs after losing Wild Card Playoff in 2003

2006 Donovan McNabb Injured; missed 7 games in 2005; team missed playoffs after losing Super Bowl XXXIX

2007 Shaun Alexander Injured; cracked a bone in his sore left foot and will be lost to the Seattle Seahawks for at least a couple of weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar