The Marc Mariani Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Who said anything about those guys being in someone else's league... How old are you 14 ? Wes Welker, before he became THE Wes Welker, was a kick/punt returner special teamer and part time receiver, he was moderately successful in Miami, but flourished in NE. If you look at the way they run, move and perform on the field there are some similarities. Mariani is a rookie, he has a long way to go, I didn't say he WOULD become Wes Welker, just said he could become our version of him.

Bottom line is that he looks better than anyone else we have had out there (with the exception of PacMan) in years. Carr was very solid, but didn't give us much upside at the corner position, I think Mariani may end up being a very solid wide out with this team at some point in the future.

As for the rest of your list (dripping with sarcasm), no one knew that Brady as a 6th round draft pick would end up being one of the greatest QB's in NFL history, so stranger things CAN and DO happen ! Do I think Rusty will be the next Brady, doubtful, but until we see what he can do, we'll never really know now will we ?

As for Stevens, haven't watched him enough to know, doubt it as they are not built the same way at all, but again, he's only gotten a few games under his belt... While I doubt he'll become our version of D Clark, I'd settle for a Wycheck :D

2. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I think he has surpassed carr. Elusive, smart and very fast. He could be one of the top players on out team at their respective positions.

I am interested in his recieving skills after seeing him in the preseason as well as some of his college games.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This thread further proves costarica knows nothing about football.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar