The Miracle or 1-yard short

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. y would we have thigpen do that?? all he ever did was be injured, he was a waste of money

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

these images brings back fond memories..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

whereas this one brings back regret..

[​IMG]

so obviously i'll choose the Music City Miracle over the 1 yard short any day..

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

the SB because it was our only chance at a ring, and he messed it up by an arm tackle by a no body....dyson was trash. even tho he had the miracle he was an ok reciever, and it doesnt take alot of skill for the team to mess up a return play then catch a ball and run down the sidelines...frank had a tougher job...

4. My question is, would the casual fan remember him more the for the 'music city miracle', or 'the tackle'?...

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

the tackle, because an average fan wont watch EVERY play of the playoffs for there team, there team is in the superbowl, they loose one yard short by an arm tackle, theyl be watching that.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I'd agree that he was nothing special, but i certainly wouldn't go far enough to call him 'trash'..

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He was good while healthy. Anyway, whoever said Thigpen was supposed to catch but was blocked is wrong. Dyson was subbed and it was his first time being the receiver on that play, but it worked.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

do your homework before you run that big mouth of yours.

ok. my memory didn't serve me well.. exactly.. but I have a good memory. Dyson being subbed isn't relevant.

but there are comments in this video.
    http://www.titansonline.com/history/music_city_miracle/index.php
    watch the video on this page.^

go to 2:13... you are wrong. :yes: you are OWN3d :evil:

I meant Byrd... not Thigpen. That is only where I'm wrong.
    Dyson was not supposed to catch Wycheck's pass.
    Byrd was knocked to the ground.
    It was supposed to be Byrd.
    Dyson made an adjustment. I'm right and you're just...

nevermind... whoever.

ps- Wycheck had no idea who he was throwing to.

"it was a great heads up play on his part. (Dyson)"
    5:20 mark :neener:
    - Frank Wycheck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar